The Social Network

Went to watch The Social Network this afternoon and I have to say that I actually enjoyed it very much. I like it for many different reasons. I like the way the story moves although it was a bit confusing for me at the beginning, but after I understood that the way the story is being told was based on flashbacks during 2 different lawsuits, I found that the story-telling was rather clever. I think it builds the emotion and the contrast of the movie really well. During the flashback, we were made to be so excited for these kids and then during the lawsuits part, you can't help feeling sad for these kids, especially the character of Mark Zuckerberg and his best friend Eduardo Saverin. How did such good friends ended up that way. Maybe as the movie perhaps hinted and showed, they were never best friends in the first place. I do have to say, I have seen smart people who is rather into themselves and don't really have much sensitivity for others.

Anyway, as it had been written in many articles, the movie is not really an accurate depiction and portrayal of the people and how Facebook happened. I actually think the part that made Mark Zuckerberg looked to be such an asshole was actually the first 5 minutes of the movie when he was talking to the girl he liked instead of all the arogance he showed or how he backstabbed his best friend. In the end, you can't help feeling sad for this guy. He looked so lonely. He just felt so misunderstood. Everything he did was just kinda his proof or way of telling the world he can do whatever he wanted. I guess in the end he didn't get why people could be so pissed at him. I think that's the thing with smart people. Oshie once said that there's the way nature balance things out, that smart people are often really really socially handicapped, most of the time they're simply insensitive with how other people feel. Well, maybe the real Mark Zuckerberg is not really such an ass. He did make such a generous donation to a school recently.

As for the actors, I kinda found Andrew Garfield who played Eduardo Saverin to be very handsome :) I like looking at him :$ I thought Jesse Eisenberg who played Mark Zuckerberg did really good. He looked pretty nerdy. Somehow the way he said his lines brought to my mind Jim Parsons' Sheldon Cooper, although the only thing that connected these 2 characters are their brains. I have to say that when I watched Jesse Eisenberg playing such a smart character, I felt so envious. It made me wish I could be smarter. I really wonder how do the brains of these people work. It must be so cool to be able to just get it. As for Justin Timberlake (yes, he was in the movie), I think he did really well showing a charming side as well as the asshole side of his character. Overall, I thought the movie was pretty enjoyable and interesting for me. I don't know if other people would find watching the geek who invented facebook to be interesting though :D

So that's about it, about my weekend. I kinda did something different with my Sunday today. Instead of hibernating, I decided to go out and watch a movie, alone. I guess I've been feeling rather awkward and reluctant to be doing stuff alone and I thought I need to shake off this feeling. I'll be damned if I couldn't do stuff on my own. It's not really like being able to ride a bicycle, like once you know how to do it, you'll always be able to do it. For me doing stuff alone is like a mental state that can grow weary if you don't exercise it and can eventually disappear. Since I have noone, it's imperative that I am comfortable with myself. On other unimportant thing, had gado-gado for dinner today. Kinda felt good to be eating it but kinda felt sad about it also. Simply because I'm alone. The loneliness really kills. I just miss my mommy. I miss home. I miss being able to eat dinner on the dining table with my family. You know, if people think I'm kinda heartless or I build walls and harden my heart a lot, I think it's for reasons like this. If I don't toughen it up, if I don't try to be strong, this kinda feeling are just gonna break me down. I have noone to hold me here, I really do think noone cares about me here, so I have no choice but to just be rather tough inside. Sorry for this emotional rambling, I'm gonna lie down now. Take care peeps!

:) eKa @ 9:51:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.