"But Maybe It's Written, No?"

Today I had the chance to visit the temple in Chinatown which I visited last time when Dewi was in town. This was only my second visit to this temple. I kneeled and bowed my head in gratitude because that was the only thing I felt that time, gratitude. There was a feeling of peace and relieved too, especially since there were chanting inside the temple, it was really comforting.

Today I did something that I hadn't done for a long long time. I was nervous and scared about it very much but there were people who supported me, especially my mom and my dear cousin, Marlisa. Somehow their support conveyed in Indonesian really lifted my spirit. I don't really know if this is what I want, as a matter of fact I'm not feeling it much but perhaps that's just fear talking. I guess I should just repeat, If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. So if with all my prayers, this is what God gives me then it is really for me. So we will wait and see, we will wait and see.

The title of the post comes from a line from the movie Slumdog Millionaire which I watched today, which I must say I love it a lot. I truly like it so much more than The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I thought the cast were great, especially the 3 actors who were chosen the play our hero, Jamal Malik. They were just so lovable! They really made you fall in love with the main character and really made you hope the best for him. I thought the movie was smart, touching, and entertaining all at the same time. I have to say though, the love story was so not like what I imagined it to be and I found it to be such a let down slightly, simply because I would have loved a better course of life for our characters. They just seemed to have too much bad luck. But I suppose if it's all too easy and all too happy, it wouldn't be such a nice movie.

I actually knew 2 answers from the questions asked, the Benjamin Franklin and Aramis questions. So I kinda knew that the ending would be a happy one since I knew the answer to the last question. Such a coincidence for me, I wouldn't have known the answer if the question was like, who are the other musketeers other than Aramis. It's totally a good film and I totally recommend you to watch it. Really look out for the main character, Jamal, because he is really really a handsome lovable boy. The ending with all the dancing was kinda silly but I suppose it wouldn't be an Indian movie without it. The dancing was necessary to give it an authentic feel :P and so with that I got reminded to the National Geographic store in Vivocity. Today was my first time checking it out and I have to say it is so cool! Unfortunately I didn't have much time so I couldn't explore the big store in detail but really it's very cool with all the photos. I love the gallery feel into it. Do check it out if you haven't :)

:) eKa @ 9:41:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.