of Movie, Book, and Days

Hello guys, here we go.

1. *sigh* I'm not really sure where to begin. I don't know if this is the last post before I go, maybe not. Life has been busy this week. As I try to clear stuff, more stuffs are coming in and I feel like I'm still going to disappoint people. As usual, thoughts are running, jumping, flashing around uncontrollably. As I am writing this, my mind is wandering to one of the things that I must do and haven't done and I feel like I'm so gonna get into a miserable state because of this. Isn't it typical me? Always start with a complain?

2. So let's talk about other things. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Watched that with Vivy yesterday. Most probably our last outing this year. I watched a review of it last week and the critic said it wasn't really that amazing. She didn't like the story and she said the characters were kinda plain. I beg to differ. I like the movie so much. I love the Emporium and I wish I can visit it. The story was pretty touching as a matter of fact. Tears came to me, even from the middle of the movie, though I wasn't sobbing and all. I think Dustin Hoffman was a really good actor. His Mr. Magorium character kinda reminded me of his character, Raymond, in the Rain Man. I guess because Mr. Magorium had lots of quirkiness in him. One really fall for Mr. Magorium. He's fun and easy going. I think Natalie Portman was beautiful, nothing can be said much about her character as well as Jason Bateman's. Jason Bateman's character was the necessary skeptic in the movie. I pity his role actually, because it's so not fun. He had to be the spoil in all the fun. The one whom I felt was the one who stole the movie was Eric, the little boy. Very good kid. His expression were wonderful and one would also fall for him. He played a lonely wise little boy and you will just love him. So people, go and watch this movie. It's so much better than The Golden Compass.

3. After the movie, I had my late lunch / early dinner and there I was sitting there talking with Vivy, when I saw Eva. I was so shocked to see that she's pregnant! My God! My God! Shocked. Stunned. She was with her husband and according to her she's around 5-month pregnant with a baby boy. Goodness me. Am I right to say that most Indonesian get marry young? Maybe not. Maybe this is the right age to be married and having your first kid. To be honest, it is kinda depressing to see her pregnant, because that's another person I know moving on with life. While here I am, still talking about trivial stuffs, stuffs which should have come to me when I was younger and not now. Everything happens in its own time in everyone's life, I suppose. God is the writer of your life and as much as you can be so sure about the way your life now or so unsure about your life now, what will happen later maybe beyond that certainty or uncertainty that you have. So maybe you shouldn't stress so much. God will make you understand why it goes the way it goes? Well, I hope so God.

4. Speaking about baby, my cousin delivered her baby last night. I actually kinda wanted to see her with her big tummy and all, but apparently little Mikaela couldn't wait or couldn't really decide actually. Her mommy's water burst in the morning and yet she didn't want to get out, so her mom got a caesarean operation last night. My mom said she's beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

5. I've finished reading The Kite Runner. It's kinda fast for my standard because I kinda like so much. The words kinda flowed in easily and the word flow is really correct to describe it, because it just flow inside and I guess that's one reason why I didn't put it down much (like I do with other books) because like a stream, it has such continuity and you just get carried away with it. I brought the book everywhere with me actually. I read the most important point of the story in a bus. It was a sad one and I think I cringed with the horrible thing that happened to Hassan, I wonder if people in the bus noticed me. I read the book while I was waiting for bus, and one morning I was thinking, my goodness I started the day seeing people being stoned to death. Seeing is the exact word because I pictured it all played in my head, though with the so many violence that happened I kinda toned down my imagination. It's a really good book and I will recommend all of you who have free time to read it. I can't wait for the movie. I would love to see Hassan (whom I think is such a nice guy, sadly with very very tragic fate), Amir (whom I dislike quite a lot for his cowardice, even when it was obvious he should do the right thing), Baba, Ali, and Sohrab (whom I pictured as a very adorable little boy) and I would really want to see all the places that Amir and Hassan roamed, as described in the book. I kinda forget how I love reading and I really find that joy with this book. I can't wait to start on my next book. I'm thinking of getting something from Pramudya Ananta Toer, because I want the familiarity of knowing the things in the story. Let's see next year.

6. So I have packed. I've pretty much put in all the things that I'm gonna bring home. There's still some space, so maybe I'll put in more stuff. I've also done the responsible thing for me to do, which was to get my flu vaccine. Yeah, with that chances of me getting sick with flu is very very slim and that means I will not have much chances of being forced to stay at home and rest. I need the rest actually, but I think life is a bit too short to be spent being sick. So many things to do, so many things to try, so many thing to complete and so little time we have.

7. What else to write? Watch Asian Idol! I'm supporting Mike, simply because he's Indonesian. I think he's a good singer and he has a good chance. Unfortunately my prepaid phone doesn't allow me to vote, though I really want to I would have voted for him and Jaclyn though I think Mau from the Philippine was also another strong singer, it's just I couldn't relate to her songs much. As for Singapore's Hady Mirza, well I don't think he was as good as the three. Alrighty, we will see who will win.

8. Lastly. Sometime ago Vivy gave me a John Mayer's song, Say. I've been hearing it a lot and one morning I really listened to the lyric. I wonder if he is right because I think sometime you have to be smart in the things you say. You must think about the effect of the things that you say. I really wonder if he is right. I saw the video in youtube. The song is actually used for a movie, Bucket List. I'm so gonna watch this movie, because it seems nice and touching. Anyways, I've decided. If God gives me the chance, yes I will say all that I need to say, regardless of the effect it will bring. It has bugged me a lot in my sleep and getting it out will clear all the haze. If God's willing that is. Here's the lyric to the song.

Take out every wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take out all your so-called problems,
Better put them in quotations

.. Say what you need to say ...

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only ...

... Say what you need to say ...

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Then never to say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

... Say what you need to say ...

:) eKa @ 7:45:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.