...Teduhkanlah Hatiku...

The title is the first 2 words from one of Padi's song, Cahaya Mata. I don't even know if it's grammatically correct to write it like that in Indonesian. I suppose it is. The title means something like calm my heart. I really like this song, maybe because it is nicely soft.

Anyway, the purpose of writing is because I want to write about 2 books that I had the chance to read over the weekend. One is Who Moved My Cheese?. Surely a lot of people know this book. First time I heard of this book was from Teddy. I still remember who we were talking about at that time, but I couldn't remember why suddenly he made a reference to this book. The book talks about issues that often freak me out and I feel I am like "Hem". Hopefully I am slightly like "Haw" who eventually moved on even though he was in denial for some times. There is this one line from the book which is actually similar to what someone once said. It said something like this "if you don't stop looking for the old cheese, you won't get the new cheese".

The second book is entitled Sad Book by Michael Rosen. Aside from the title, the book is actually like a children picture book. It was illustrated by Quentin Blake, famous for illustrating books by Roald Dahl. I love his drawings, hence why I picked the book. I love the book. It is a sad book, no kidding. Despite of a little trace of hope in the middle of the book, the ending was so perfect. It's real and it's just me a lot of times. I guess I somewhat feel comforted to know that these things happen the way it is to other people too.

:) eKa @ 8:31:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.