Money-Burning Saturday

As the title suggested. So here is the story of my Saturday [04/12/04 --> wow, the number looks nice ]. Last Saturday was my first time watching a movie in the cinema so early in the morning. Vivy asked me to go out and watched The Incredibles, so after trying so hard to figure out which time we could spare to watch the movie, we decided to watch it last Saturday, the 10:00 AM show. Why so early? You may ask. Well, I kinda said that if we decided to watch at that time, we could spare time for Mac Breakfast first which we did . The theatre was not so full but there were many kids with their mom and dad there, who I think were making the same plan as I did. Breakfast first and the movie. The Incredibles was cool. Well, I think that's all the comment that I can say about it. For me it was more the cool animation and super powers that they had rather than a smart story or witty lines that make the movie so nice. I don't have any favorite character and I don't have any desire either to have any power like theirs after watching the movie. Even though I think Dash does make it so cool to have a power like his. So is that mean that the movie wasn't good? Well, it was, it was, it's not bad It's one cool ass-kicking movie By the way, baby Jack-Jack is scary.

After the movie, we went to make my first and most expensive purchase of the day, which I rather not tell you. So, period to that. Next we went to Sim Lim. This was initially not planned, but then Vivy said that she needed a new computer monitor. So we went there and I was so tempted to get a new memory for my computer. Went to the shop that I found from my research in the internet. The sales girl and the auntie were kinda frightening me because they kept telling me that goods purchased couldn't be returned and since I didn't bring my laptop there to be tested so I was doing this on my own risk. Okay, I get it!!! I'm giving you people money here, so could you at least be a little bit comforting? It cost me S$74 and I felt quite nervous leaving the store, because well, I'm prone to bad luck and when I do unwise things, then usually bad things will just come attacking me. Other than that, I got myself a new mouse, optical one and it's from Logitech, for S$25, which is kinda the cheapest of its kind. But when I convert this amount to Indonesian rupiah, well I just rub my aching chest Then Vivy also got her new fancy monitor, which makes me want a desktop even more. I better not disclose the brand and price of her purchase 'cause it's her personal thing

So I reached my room at 5pm, missed One Tree Hill, oh well. First thing I did was unwrapping the new memory. In the box of the new memory it was written 100% compatibility, so I kinda felt a bit relieved. I proceeded to open my laptop memory slot. To my "heart-attack" my new 128MB memory was slightly shorter compared to the original memory. First thing I did were trying to comfort my heart and saying "Please God" so many times. Nervously, I tried to insert the memory. Maybe I was so nervous that I was having a bit of difficulty in doing it, but thank to the mighty Lord, it fit. I plugged in my new mouse too and one thing left to do, start the computer. So I started it and checked the setup and PRAISE THE LORD ALMIGHTY, it works!!! So my memory is now 192MB and the mouse was also working fine too. Thank you so much God. I sent an sms to Vivy straight away, telling her the good news. Now my computer does feel a bit lighter. I don't really know if it's just because my excitement is blinding me, or it's because my new mouse can move much smoothly than the old one, or it's really because of the new memory. Either way, I am so tempted again to get another 128MB *sigH* This despite my laptop is not perfect anymore, the screen is a bit damaged in the bottom part, I don't know because of what and I'm pretty sure it can't be fixed

...and so that's the story of my money-burning saturday...only that...not really interesting?...well, that's pretty much me...take care people...

:) eKa @ 1:19:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.