Past 2 Weeks

I didn't tell you what I've been doing in my last post, so here's a little update on life lately.

I met Vivy Sundays ago (24/10/04). Finally managed to meet her. She gave me this cute figurine of a little girl in a Halloween costume (supposedly a witch, I guess) from Austria. We met for lunch, then we went to SimLim because I wanted to buy a new memory for my computer. Well, that turned out to be such a disappointment. I was actually ready to just buy it, but it was so hard to find it and since I didn't bring my laptop with me, all that I got was headache and confusion I did find out something. My computer is deemed ancient, coming from a pre-historical age Hiks...I am really sad about it. After SimLim, we went to Bras Basah to check out the 2nd hand bookshops there. My first time going there. Didn't really find anything interesting there, but Vivy did buy a few books. I felt bad about torturing her with our wasted trip to SimLim. She lent me the Good Morning Vietnam vcd. Finally, I could get my hand on this movie. I was pretty curious about what the movie is about, because one of the soundtracks Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World is just so beautiful. I remember Darren always waved his hands when he heard this song in my room, silly guy Watched the movie yesterday. I was pretty sleepy watching it. The movie somewhat different than what I expected but overall it was pretty good. Not all about the comedy, the reality was there too. So many great songs in the movie. Should really watch the movie again and again to get all the jokes.

Oh yeah, last last Friday (22/20/04), my friend had his first baby. My feeling was right, it's a girl. Too bad, he didn't name it Eka, being the first born and all He was so excited about this baby. I think he had sent sms to the whole world when his baby was born. That's what you do, by the way. That's the courtesy, telling people when your baby was born. Unlike some people who didn't have such courtesy! But, hey who am I, right? I'm a nobody. Well, if you can call me a nobody, then you are totally damned. Alright, I shouldn't be rude again. After all, they were kind and nice to me in the good old days and I kinda owed them a lot. Okay...2 weeks ago, Arsenal was beaten 0-2 by Manchester United. Darn it I didn't watch the match, but even if I want to say it's unfair, I guess that's just the way God want it to be 2 weeks ago, I had a few weird and uncomfortable dreams. I hope one of them wouldn't come true. I don't have the energy to deal with it if it comes true, please God...

This week was okay, I guess. The highlight was when I was actually shopping like a girl last Friday. I went to Orchard. Went to several places and actually shopped. There's this promotion of branded stuffs in Takashimaya and I kinda bought a few stuffs there. I even came back again last Saturday to get my mom something. So I'm pretty much broke now and still I have already set my eyes on something expensive. I don't know if I could or should get it. Anyway, I was feeling totally weird buying all those stuffs, because it's so girlie and I don't want to be that kind of girls who really go to the malls and go from one shop to another. I always think that it's somewhat "low". I'm sorry, maybe it's not but I just think if you have the time to do something, do something useful like going to bookstores and gain knowlegde through books rather than going through newspaper or fashion magazines to check out places that offer promotion and such. But I guess, as a girl you do really have to know how to shop and I guess what I did wasn't really "sinful". It's not like I do it often and a lot. By the way, I'm a size 7 though I'm slightly short for it Oh yah, another thing, bought Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist again, but this time it's for me. The last time I bought it was for a friend. The friend that I gave it to wasn't really into books but I do hope he read it, it's not like the book is so thick. It was pretty difficult to part with the book the last time because I really wanted it but in the end I did part with it and now I have another copy for myself Oh, another thing, in the bookstore, I found out that since my Chinese zodiac is dog, I don't get along with roosters and goat. That pretty much explains all

Talked to my mom yesterday and wow did she blew me away with the news she's telling me. Come on, all this time she didn't tell me anything and all of the sudden she was telling me these things. I was pretty shocked. The news weren't actually good ones. I couldn't find the right word in English to describe this. The news kinda make us have to feel prihatin. I guess the nearest word I can find in English to describe it is concerned *sigH* One can see it as something normal but I'm just feeling it as something bad. Well, what do I know, right? Anyway, mom was pretty cool. She was actually telling me to travel alone if I feel bored. Surprisingly, as much as I want to, I felt pretty scared. Let's just see if I can pull anything by the end of this year.

Finally change the song list, after about 3 months? Sorry people, kinda occupied with things. So this list actually contains lots of songs which are not new anymore. They've been with me for some times. Got a lot of Josh Groban's songs from Vivy. Got the whole Closer album. I did have a feeling that I would eventually get it, I just didn't know how and it turned out it took a lot of waiting. My favorite is Mi Mancherai (Il Postino). Feel like crying hearing this song. Josh Groban does have that effect towards me I wonder if this is the soundtrack for the Italian movie, the Postman (I think the title was Il Postino too). If it is, then I kinda regret not watching it fully the last time in Arts Central. I didn't watch it whole, but I remembered that it was actually really nice. I was already quite moved by the little that I watched. I hope I could get a chance to watch it again. The song list kinda contains a lot of RnB and hip hop songs, it wasn't really intended, but the songs are pretty good. Was quite surprised hearing Simple Plan - Welcome to My Life because it really describes how I felt at one point in my life and I was all the things that the song says *sigH* but I am getting better now

Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong. And no one understands you.

Do you ever wanna run away? Do you lock yourself in your room? With the radio on turned up so loud. That no one hears you screaming.

Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more. Before your life is over.

Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With the big fake smiles and stupid lies. But deep inside you're bleeding.

No you don't know what it's like. When nothing feels alright. You don't know what it's like to be like me.

To be hurt. To feel lost. To be left out in the dark. To be kicked. When you're down. To feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down. When no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like.

You might think I'm happy. But I'm not gonna be okay.

Welcome to My Life

:) eKa @ 8:39:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.