...things bound to go away someday...

I was planning to make this post today, but just didn't have the time. Talked to my dad yesterday. My grandfather has died. My dad said he died around Sunday. That most probably explained why I felt somewhat "lost" during the weekend. Yesterday I was thinking of my mom so much, wondering if she's okay. The good news is: she's back. I received an sms from her just now. I miss her so. She's okay, a bit of sore-throat because the weather had been hot there. She must have gone through a lot with all the burial custom and such. I feel sorry that I wasn't there. 4 grandparents and I only attended one funeral. The grandfather from my father side died before I was born (I guess). I only know him from picture. In the picture he looks so skinny, he must have worked a lot. A lot of lines in his face, maybe he was a very strict man. The grandmother from my dad side died when I was so young. She died in Jakarta and I think...I wrote I think because I was so young, so this is what I think happened. I think the family rent a plane to take all of us and the corpse to her home island. *sigH* I can feel somewhat sad thinking about this, because this was one of my earliest memories. I can't really tell you what I remembered but I did write it once in my diary. Again, I was so young so I don't really know if what I remember is correct. The grandmother from my mom side died on Sunday. I remembered that so well because on Monday, it was my first day in high school. It was one of the toughest week in my life. So much changes. I was actually the one who broke the news to my mother because my grandfather's sister (I think she was my grandfather's sister) told me to call my mom at work. I dreaded doing it. I remember that my grandma actually call me "Ika" instead of "Eka". I should have spent more time with her, but I was young and ignorant. When she died I guess I have not seen her for years and years. My grandfather from my mother side died recently. The last thing I did with him was in 2002. My mom was supposed to take him back to his home island. I was going back home 1 day before she supposed to leave and I asked my mom if I could come along and she just booked the ticket for me. You know there's so much that I miss out being in Singapore. Sometime I wonder if it's worth it. *sigH* Anyway, I'm happy that my mom had the chance to spend some last moment with his dad. She didn't get that chance with her mother. I wonder if I'll ever be as strong as my mom. So glad that she's back....

...written wednesday evening...

:) eKa @ 1:52:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.