Stupidity = Me

Posting this post will remove one post that I felt was quite momentous. So...Read it here to find out Anyway, today went quite well and actually it went nicer than I had anticipated and I am so thankful to God.

Indonesia is actually having a contestant for the Miss Universe 2005 pageant, which I think is good for her. She actually looks not bad, I think she's better looking than Miss Singapore But her english is so bad that I can die. I hope she can go far but I really think her english is going to hinder her. She comes from the same hometown as my parents, aunts, and uncles. So as predicted they all like her Oh yeah, today is my SimSim's (father's younger brother's wife) 50th birthday (of course according to Chinese calendar). Anyway, I think they had quite a celebration there. When I called her, she was blowing her candles Hope I didn't spoil much. Many interesting stories from mom about home.

I finally have my passport It was quite a struggle to get it. I wanted to take a taxi to go to the embassy but the money in my wallet was around S$12 last Friday, I thought it wouldn't be enough. So I took the MRT. The plan was to take the taxi in Redhill. I arrived in Redhill around 4:30 pm plus. I was so afraid I was not going to make it because I thought the people there would want to close right at 5 pm so they would close the gate earlier to stop people from coming in. So there I was in Redhill, weather was freakin hot, and there's a couple waiting in front of me. From the look of it they had waited long and I was worried because there was no taxi in sight. I think I may have waited only for 5 minutes+ but it felt so much longer. Then a taxi came, the guy in front of me asked me if I was in a hurry and I said I was and he said I could take the taxi! My first reaction was "Really?!?". I was so amazed!!! I felt so blessed by God. I hope I said "thank you". I didn't really see the reaction of the girl. I was so in a rush, I really hope I had said thank you more than once. Anyway, reached there on time, thank God. Met Derry again The embassy was so empty, a huge contrast with their morning madness. Oh yeah, I still have complain about how the embassy runs things. I supposed to come again last Tuesday for the photo and finger print taking. In the form, it was written that it would open at 8:30 am, so like I told you last time, I planned to come early, before the gate was open. I reached there just about 8:30 am and I saw all these people were still queuing. Then I asked someone and it turned out...since last year, they have changed the start of their working hour to 9 am. The gate will only be opened at 9 am!!! My dear God!!! It's been a year, please...Can't any of them tell us that? I was so pissed. More upset when I found out that you actually don't have to pay upon submission. Ari only paid that day during the photo taking. I think the only reason I was forced to pay when I submitted my form was because I asked about it. That's me, stupid.

Another stupid thing was that I spent this week worrying for nothing (hence the title). I was so stressed out that last Friday after I left the embassy, I went to Takashimaya and ended up buying a book in Kinokuniya. Not just any book, I bought Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paulo Coelho. I thought, I'm stressed out, better get something to distract myself and the book seems to be able to give much comfort in difficult time. I've never thought that I would buy books like this, which in a way I think is like a self-improvement book, but I like the writer, so I thought what the heck.

*sigH* Today I realize I'm gonna miss some things so much, but it's like those things are really all behind me now. It will never be the same again. I will never get those things anymore but I can still get other things which are just as nice, right? Praying to God

:) eKa @ 12:30:00 AM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.