Chinese New Year Eve

Hi! If you are chinese and you are spending this Chinese New Year Eve with your family, then I am happy for you sincerely. If you have been doing it for years and see no big deal in it, well just put more excitement okay, because if you're not having it anymore, you'll see how precious those moments are. So here I am, my 4th Chinese New Year in Singapore, four times in a row not spending it with my family. I must be crazy! Last year I thought that no way this year I'd be in Singapore, but plan is just a plan. I learn that lesson this few days. You can plan as much as you can, but ... well things happen It's okay, I'm cool. I'm enjoying myself. I think mom is slightly feel sorry for me being here alone (I don't think she understands that I'm actually happy being alone) that for the first time in my 4 years here, she sent me a package. The package contains 2 jars of cookies. 1 is pineapple tart and the other is chocolate cookies and I tell you that this is the best cookies you can find in Singapore I often feel sorry on how expensive are these chinese new year treats in Singapore. How expensive many of the shops are selling their pineapple tarts, and they may not even taste that good. This kind of thing makes me feel how nice it is to live in Indonesia Anyway, not just the package, last week mom actually told me to buy clothes if I want to. I was dead surprise, how often do you parent actually endorse you buying clothes? But I declined the offer, because I'm broke and I see no necessity in doing so, since I'm not going to meet anyone.

Anyway, I cleaned the house yesterday and today. Bought myself a nice cake and I think I'm getting fat It's holiday right? and in holiday there is no rule So you can eat anything you want. I went to a temple today and surprisingly there were not much people there, even compared to normal days. The streets were rather quiet too. Well, I guess people are just rushing home and busy preparing that so-called reunion dinner. It is so weird, here I am in Singapore, where there are many chinese and all the fuss about Chinese New Year are so thick in the air. There are things that I have only seen for real for the first time in Singapore, like the pussy willow for example and yet as the years before, I don't feel much of Chinese New Year mood. I guess it's not about all the decorations and all the reds, but more about the family. I miss spending Chinese New Year with my family so much. I think I'm starting to forget how that really feels like On the good side, it is perhaps better that I am here; the family is having some kind of "situation" so I guess I am saved of all the confusion by being here.

I think I'll be sleeping early tonight (early as in before 1 am). I got to wake up early tomorrow, got myself all dressed up and perky and make some phone calls Okay, hope all of you have a great chinese new year, yah

:) eKa @ 10:03:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.