The Long (Very Long) Shot

How do you overturn an election? Try going to the Constitutional Court. Look, I am beyond disappointed with how the result of the Indonesian presidential election turned out. I wrote it at length here, even saying that I have mix feeling about questioning the legitimacy of the election. When the 2 losing candidates decided to take this route of going to the court to plead their case, it didn't really fill me with hope. I do think doing this makes it seem like they're such sore losers, but hey none of their supporters incited riot unlike what happened after the election in 2019. So this is more dignified and if you really think that there's too many shitty things happening, yes don't just sit idly by, but state your case and put it on records. Mom was like, they should have stopped participating in the process from the beginning when President Jokowi's son filed the paperwork for the election. I guess at that time they had hope that Indonesians would choose correctly and no doubt protesting then would cause chaos and uncertainty. It's like from the beginning, we're already operating under the fear of chaos and riot :( This case in front of the court is such a long, very long shot. That being said, today I still feel kinda sad about the court decision to let the election result stand. As the court progressed, I thought maybe, just maybe we'll get another election even though it sounds crazy; it'd be the second round that didn't happen. There's just too many wrong things in this election, so if there is a way to right the course, well maybe it could happen? That's my tiny hope, but not today the universe says :( So it's settled now for real who's the new president and vice-president are. Maybe I'll be like Whoopi Goldberg who refuses to say the name of the 45th US president, because if I think about the incoming president and vice president of Indonesia, my head do spin and I want to puke. I can't say their names. I can only hope their presidency end fast without an even deeper damage and when it's all over we could recover fast. I already know things will go downhill. The first thing that will happen would be all the people who are on the opposite side of them on the basis of ethic, honor, and all those things will drop all these talk and join them for the purpose of holding on to power under the pretext of reconciliation. Yep, it's vomit inducing.

Does all this matter? Like really, why are you so worked up about this? Election has consequences, so it matters. There's too many shitty things in the world and I just want good things to happen, not more shitty things. I do realize I feel too strongly about things a lot of the times. I started adding in my prayer for God to help me let go things that are not for me or things that are bad for me, but darn it's hard. I'm the dog with the bone. So today, another not a good day in Indonesia. Maybe part of today's reading is apt, it's from Isaiah 55:9, As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. So help us God.

:) eKa @ 8:24:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.