TRUE GRIT

Was supposed to hang out with some people today but I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I decided to hang out with Ms. J instead and watched True Grit. I had a good lunch, the movie was pretty good, the afternoon tea was great as well, the talk was thorough, so all in all my Saturday has been pretty good. I did feel sleepy during True Grit but it's not because the movie was boring. As usual my Saturdays start early and I had lunch before the movie, so I guess being sleepy is expected. I have to say that the English was not so easy to understand but it's still so much better that Brokeback Mountain. I actually love many of the lines. They really did speak differently back then. It just sounded more poetic and if only people do speak like that once awhile now, it will make things more amusing. I thought True Grit was pretty good. The lines were pretty funny at times and the casts were great. Special mention for Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld. They do deserve their academy awards nomination. The Oscars have been handed to the winner, but let me just tell you (as if you care) my preference among the 4 movies which were nominated for best picture which I had watched recently. They would be (in order of preference) The King's Speech - True Grit - 127 Hours - Black Swan. I don't mind with the fact that The King's Speech won best picture but somehow I felt that it should have gone to Inception because it was so brilliant in terms of the story and special effects and the casts weren't bad as well.

On other news. So Saturday started as usual. I sat next to U today and I was telling her that I start to get panic attacks and feel depressed that March is here. She tried to comfort me by saying that it's okay and that she felt the same way when February came but when her birthday came she said that everything is just the same, nothing changes. Talking about being in total denial :P I guess for us we are really hanging on to this last year in our 20s. Maybe we'll really be in a zen mode next year or maybe not, we'll see. So with my cousin turning 29 today, it means it's 9 more days 'til it's my turn and I'm really not ready. I don't want to think about it but I know I have to eventually face it. On one part I want the days to go by fast so that I can experience the birthday present I'm getting myself. However on the other part, I really really don't want to get older :(

So today was spent with Ms. J. On my way home today, a thought came that it's been a long time since we first met and were Ms. J and Ms. Eka. I do have to say that there were times I miss being Ms. Eka. Anyway, I'm really in need to tell someone about something and it was good that there's Ms. J around. She counseled me on something which I've already known. However hearing it from her didn't make it easier to swallow and if anything it kinda made me a bit sad but as often it goes, reality is not as we wish it to be :( I've told her though that even as I understand what she means and my head is telling the same thing, I still feel what I feel and it's even growing stronger. Even as I know that I have to control my feeling instead of the other way around, I still do not learn how to do that. I even often let my feeling roam freely around and even at this point, the point where I'm gonna be a total foolish girl pretty soon, I'm still not trying to contain it. I learned a new phrase today, il n'y a pas de hasard, maybe I should keep my hope in that. Oh well. I hope all of you are having a good weekend. There's something that I need to do Monday morning and I feel totally nervous about it. I'm trying not to think so much about it, but I'll be praying a lot so that everything will go smoothly (PLEASE GOD!!!). Allora, buonanotte tutti!

:) eKa @ 9:56:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.