Of Sarcasm and Thoughts

Hello guys, how are you doing? I had a 14-hour day today. I'm pretty tired. I'm glad to be all showered, smelling kinda nice, and just be in my room. I'm digging my brain to get a coherent flow of thoughts to be put here.

This week hasn't been awesome simply because my mind is so obsessed with something and that something doesn't happen. Well perhaps not yet. So many people are telling me to be patient and that's exactly what I am not. I'm thinking if I should be plotting for plan B but I'm way too tired to do it now or this weekend for that matter. Please God, please the universe, let me have this, and let it go really really well, please?

So today, I went to watch Rango with NanSee. That girl was sorry that she forgot my birthday (she realized it after logging in to Facebook) that she got me a chocolate mousse today and treated me for a movie. It's really a sign of people who know me, they know I'm easily satisfied with movies and food. I have to say, I really really love the treat. It's always nice when someone gives you something, no? So I chose Rango because of Johnny Depp. However I'm not liking the movie much. I even found it to be rather boring. The characters were all these desert animals which are far from being cute, except for the mariachi owls, I think they were pretty entertaining. I can't comment much on the story because I thought it was rather predictable. There's a character who kinda thought pretty highly of himself, who luckily got into a position of importance, only to be proven to be a fake when it mattered, but then found his way back to redeem himself, and then everyone lived happily ever after. There were some pretty funny moments though. I did have a good laugh but it's not really a movie which I will watch over and over again. It's rather weird that I found this movie to be not too appealing especially since the reviews have been encouraging and there are many people raving about it. I think it's totally necessary that everyone has different opinions in this world but I really wonder why I'm not seeing how great this movie is, the way other people see it.

Other than the movie, I accompanied NanSee to get her ticket home from a travel agency in Chinatown. I showed her the touristic area of Chinatown. Chinatown really has some contrasting sides. On one side you have the tourists / (I think) caucasian expats area and on the other side, it's the Chinatown area where the locals and the people from China hang out. They are really 2 completely different sides of Chinatown. I will refrain from commenting further just because I don't want to appear so judgmental ... but wait, I'm already evidently and obviously judgmental :P but yeah, I'm just not gonna comment any further.

Today someone said something to me. After hearing what was said, I was thinking if she's being sarcastic and I thought it was kinda hurtful but again I'm not sure if she meant what she said or realized what she said could imply. It's interesting because today NanSee was telling me about this girl in her world which didn't seem to get how people perceive her and the sarcastic comment that some people gave to this girl. So it really got me thinking about the opinion which was uttered to me. Was the person who was saying that being sarcastic? I have to say it was rather good because it was so subtle. I'm not even really sure about it but I got pretty annoyed. It could be just me who perceive negativity really well. Maybe she didn't mean what I thought she meant but if she did, her subtleness is really good. However for the literal me, I feel it's kinda a waste. If you want someone to know how you feel, I think you shouldn't wrap it so delicately that the person may not get it. Make sure the person gets it, because if not, what's the point? I agree that you can be nicer in the way you phrase your sentences but I think being too overly diplomatic is not effective and efficient sometime because the person may not understand fully what you mean. That's just me. I have had people telling me that I am harsh for being this way but believe me when I say, I don't say most of the things that are in my head. I think that's me being nice, that I keep some things for myself. So when I do say something, I really really want it to be clear and understood fully :P Okay, let's just stop this topic here.

So I was talking to U after class today. We're talking about lives here and such. It's interesting the way she views her life now and I'm wondering why I am not seeing my life the way she sees hers, like ever. I really really don't see my life as amazing, even though I know how sinful this point of view is, especially since there are many people who think that my life is great. Why is it so? I don't know. I keep on thinking that there's something missing in my life but I don't know what it is actually. The stupid answer that people usually give me is that I need a boyfriend. Aarrrghhhh! I actually suspect that it's not an actual thing but more like a point of view or a state of mind, of just being thankful. I don't know if I'm right. It's 2 different things, of knowing what's right and actually doing what's right. So yeah, food for thoughts. Maybe to be like U, I should just learn to let go and accept what's here and appreciate and make the most of its every single second. She's still looking pretty positive and calm with all the things happening in Japan now. I really really hope things are going to get better there soon, especially because her parents are staying put in Tokyo :( despite of the fact that her sister and brother in law are coming here.

On the boyfriend part. Simply because I had some girl talk with NanSee today, I will try to answer the question that many people have asked me, of what kind of guy that I want / look for. One time, I tried to be unique and original and answered he should be intellectually interesting. This time, I'm gonna be practical and say, he should be tall, rather skinny, knowledgeable, funny, and interesting. I think the funny part is important because God knows, I need laughter a lot. I also have to add that for me, an interesting person is one who is rather smart and knowledgeable. So that's kinda important. On the way home today, my random thought told me, so that's what you want but perhaps that's not what you need and God always gives you what you need instead of what you want. So perhaps I've been setting the wrong criteria? Who knows :P Hmmm ... So that's my brain today. Take care peeps. Buonanotte!

:) eKa @ 9:28:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.