Last Week in the 28ths

I'm not really sure if the title above is grammatically correct. Anyway, looking at this week, I had quite a social and expensive week. Yeah there were the mundane days but I met a few people this week.

Monday - I did something which is the first step to something that I really really want. I cannot elaborate much about it because I'm pretty superstitious. There's no news so far and it kinda makes me rather worried and down. I think it's me being so impatient. Patience is really not one of my virtue.

Tuesday - I met up with NanSee for dinner and movie. I don't have anything that I really want to watch these days but she seemed to really want to watch a movie. So I thought why not. I was thinking that if there's a time I really want to do something with someone, I would really like to have someone who willingly do it with me even though it doesn't interest them much. As usual she came into the cinema not knowing what we were going to watch. I settled for The Adjustment Bureau. In the ad, it was mentioned that it was like, Bourne meeting Inception. I don't find it to be such an encouraging review simply because for me it kinda shows the lack of originality. It kinda implied that the movie took elements from 2 successful movies and put them together in the hope it would be great. However I thought it was kinda better than I expected it to be but maybe I'm bias. I just loved seeing Anthony Mackie. The black dude is hot, yo! At the core of it, despite of the science fiction elements or what have you, The Adjustment Bureau is a love story and it is kinda inspiring in a way. It's between choosing your heart and your head. The sceptical-in-love me really wondered if choosing your heart will always make you happier. Hmmm ... maybe the key is being happy, not happier.

Wednesday - It was the normal routine. Laundry. Glee. I love Glee but even I, have to admit that the story line has become pretty questionable these days. Maybe it's just me.

Thursday - I went to an Adobe Refresh talk and I saw a few people I know but the most surprising thing of all was when I saw Gascoigne. Holy God!!! We haven't seen and talked to each other for a long long time. He kinda went into a hermit mode. It was really good to meet him. There's so many things which I want to tell him. I also want to ask him what's been going on all this time but alas we don't have enough time to go through our lives in these past few months.

Friday - Nothing much to say here.

Saturday - Class as usual. U was telling / reminding me about the fact that I'm getting older really soon. Yeah, at that time, what bounds to happen was going to happened in less than 48 hours. She was comforting me again, telling me nothing is gonna change. Yeah, I really don't want to think about it and to be honest it's kinda stupid to be focusing on the fact that your age is changing when there are bigger and more pressing matters happening in the world. I was glad to hear that U managed to contact her family in Tokyo and everyone is okay. She said that she only managed to reach her dad at 1 am Saturday morning. She mentioned that there were worries about the fact that there are nuclear plants near the area of the earthquake and as evident from the news, they are causing concerns now. I remembered studying physics back in junior high school and I was totally fascinated with how much energy a nuclear reaction can give and I thought it's such an amazing idea to generate that much clean energy. However hearing nuclear leak and such like right now, it does make you wonder if the risk is worth it.

Yesterday I actually wanted to have someone to watch Jakarta Maghrib with but I didn't ask anyone so I thought I wasn't gonna watch it. Lo and behold, Oshie sent me an sms asking if I wanted to go for dinner. Let me pause right here and say, for all those people who told me how can you just sit and hope for something to happen to really happen if you're not gonna do anything about it. Well sometime it happens okay, sometime God just drops things for you. I suppose if you want it to happen faster or make sure it happens, you can just make your moves but seriously if it's not meant to be, it's just not gonna happen. So anyway, I asked him if he wanted to watch the movie. He said why not. Jakarta Maghrib is a short Indonesian movie, running at just 1 hour plus. It is actually a collection of short stories about the people in Jakarta during maghrib time. I don't watch many Indonesian movies. In fact this is only the second Indonesian movie that I watched in a cinema. The first one was also in a Singapore. I've never watched an Indonesian movie in an Indonesian cinema, strangely. It's just these days most of Indonesian movies are horror movies which I cannot watch anyway. Then Indonesian movies and tv series tend to be overly dramatic so that is such a turn off. However I found Jakarta Maghrib to be pretty good even though the english subtitle sucks so badly. God! How I really really hate bad english. I think my english is not like totally Shakespearean, I'm sure I make mistakes but little simple mistakes annoy me greatly. Back to the movie, I thought it was pretty good. I don't think it's Academy Awards material though (Crash it is not) simply because it's so deep in the context of life in Indonesia, I don't think people from other cultures can relate to it much. It's also pretty light-hearted which is fine for me. I enjoy seeing it, seeing Jakarta, and listening to Indonesian the way it's really spoken there and perhaps the way it's not really spoken by me anymore :( I really enjoy and like it. Sadly it's kinda a bit too short. Oshie thought the girl in one of the stories was pretty :D He really needs to go home. Anyway he dropped me some news which I cannot elaborate much. It got me thinking about stuffs on my way home. Seeing Singapore from the train windows, being under the night sky and air with its half moon, I kinda feel rather sad about things. I know it's melodramatic and I know I shouldn't be feeling sad about anything but I couldn't help it. I tried to contain it though by trying to block everything from my mind and I really really do, not want to think about anything right now. The sun has set and it will rise tomorrow and it's by God's grace that we're going to breathe again. So be it, we'll learn to live.

Sunday - Alright I have only a few hours left in my 28ths. I don't have anything special that I want to do. It's another Sunday evening and it's perhaps gonna be the usual Sunday night in which I wouldn't be able to sleep much and get cranky on Monday. Nothing changes perhaps as U said. Let me try to get back to you tomorrow.

:) eKa @ 9:21:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.