The King's Speech

Went to watch The King's Speech with la Gioia yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. I think it was really good, fitting of its nomination for Best Picture in this year's Oscar. A lot have been said about Colin Firth in this movie and yes he was very good. However I was actually more drawn to Geoffrey Rush. He was a delight to watch and knowing that he was the one who played Captain Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean just made it more amusing for me to watch him. It was also interesting to watch Helena Bonham Carter. She's just so different than the normally manic her in the Potter movies and in Alice in Wonderland. Seeing her being so nice and supportive is such a nice change, she made her character so loveable. By the way, it has been said that most of British actors and actresses (almost everyone) acted in the Potter movies and yes it's perhaps true. I recognized the actor who played Dumbledore and there's the actor who played Peter Pettigrew.

Watching the movie kinda made me wish I am a royalty and people will have to call me "her majesty" or something like that :P I'm glad that la Gioia asked me to watch this movie and since it's so good, I really wonder if I should check out the rest of the movies which are getting Oscar buzz. I am planning to watch Black Swan soon. Anyway I'm totally recommending you to watch The King's Speech. If you think it might be boring, it's not boring at all. It's touching, kinda inspiring, witty, and really heart warming to watch. Hmm ... I should comment on the part where King Edward VIII abdicated for love. I don't know if I can do that if I'm in that situation. How do you know that love is worth a whole kingdom? I'm not sure if walking away from your responsibility for the sake of following your heart is the right thing to do. I guess I'm so uptight and really sceptical in love :P

Okay, I will stop now. I wanted to watch Glee but all the sites are too slow. I should sleep early I guess. I've been wanting to sleep early and yet I couldn't managed to do it in these past few days. Good night peeps!

:) eKa @ 10:23:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.