127 Hours

Went to watch 127 Hours with la Gioia yesterday. To be honest, initially I wasn't interested eventhough James Franco is such a luring factor. I was thinking if it's gonna be like Cast Away, where following that 1 person got really boring. I mean it's okay to watch it one time, but Cast Away is not really a movie I can watch over and over again. In the end, the James Franco factor kinda won so I contacted la Gioia who had expressed interest about it. I have to say James Franco was really really good. He was so goofy but when he came down to it, I thought he was able to convey the inspirational story that was behind this movie. Cinematography wise, I thought it was really really good. I love the scenes and the canyons are so beautiful. It made me feel like I want to include visiting places like that in my life list.

Anyway, the movie being based on a true story really made me think how I would react on the same situation. I really don't know how I can survive. It also got me thinking of how hard it is to die. I think at a certain point he was expecting to die and yet with every morning he woke up and was alive. I guess he realized there's a reason why he's still alive or since he basically had nothing to do, he might as well try to cut his hand and try to get out. It's tough tough tough! and I really admire Aron Ralston for being able to get through it. It is really amazing. The movie felt pretty real in describing the shittyness of the situation, the fear and sadness of being alone and stuck, and obviously the amputation. I actually covered my eyes in many of the scenes because I really couldn't watch it. I thought it's a really well made film and I like it more than Black Swan but I still love The King's Speech more.

There's a line in the movie that really captured my attention.
You know, I've been thinking. Everything is ... just comes together. It's me. I chose this. I chose all this. This rock ... this rock has been waiting for me my entire life. Its entire life, ever since it was a bit of meteorite a million, billion years ago. In space. It's been waiting, to come here. Right, right here. I've been moving towards it my entire life. The minute I was born, every breath that I've taken, every action has been leading me to this crack on the out surface.
I thought it was really poignant and at the same time poetic and I kinda feel that it's so true and I hope hope HOPE, there's something like that rock for me in my life. Something that will come into my life and make me realize that I was destined to meet it. I do hope it's not like being stuck somewhere and I hope it's something nice but I do hope I get to meet that something that make me realize how it's meant for me and for my life. I don't really know if I am making any sense. Oh well ...

:) eKa @ 9:52:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.