A New Decade

Ciao peeps. How has your new year been? Mine was uneventful. Did a bit of shopping. Didn't really get much stuff but I did spend quite a lot of money. Well, I have my weaknesses :P So today, I went to watch The Tourist. The review for it wasn't good, but there's Johnny Depp in it and it's set in Venice. I really miss Italy!!! Dear God, can I go back there soon? Anyways, I read that The Tourist is a remake of a french movie. With the bad reviews going around, I wonder if the french movie was better. So out of curiosity I went to wikipedia and read if the Hollywood version's storyline is the same as the French's one. Yeah, I sometime don't mind knowing how the ending of a movie goes before I watch it :P Actually I think knowing the ending of this movie made watching it more enjoyable. I was like, does she know, does he think she knows, how does he feel seeing her, how does he feel seeing what he prepares for her, etc. Okay what I wrote may not make sense to you, but I'm not gonna put any spoiler here. I think I like The Tourist, simply because I like Johnny Depp and it was lovely seeing Venice. Johnny Depp seemed a bit fat for me and I think he should really really not have eyeliner on unless he's doing Captain Jack Sparrow :P The other day LM was telling me that she thought that Angelina Jolie is beautiful, well I think LM is maybe right, Angelina est vraiment jolie. I think she looked stunning in this movie. The Tourist may not be exceptionally memorable but I like it :)

So it's the new year, I've been hearing a new decade being said and it really really hit me hard. Goodness me. It's been a decade since 2000 and 2000 was the year when I arrived for the first time in Singapore. It's been almost 10.5 years of me living in Singapore. I don't want to sound depressing or anything but you know if you think about it, what the world didn't have 10 years ago and what the world has now, what has happened in the past 10 years. There are a lot of things that have happened in this world. There are things that have happened in my life too but I guess the ungrateful me just feel that there are too few little things, too little accomplishments in my life. I know I am being remarkably stupid for feeling that way. Well I don't know. On one side I want to think that it's so wrong to feel that I haven't done enough with my life but on the other side I do believe that I have wasted a huge part of my life. I'm not gonna go into it further because we shouldn't start the new year with negativity. Anyway in between going to be 29 this year and not being able to bear to live my life the same way for the next 10 years in Singapore, I really really REALLY hope something big and wonderful will come my way.

Not that this year hasn't been great for me. This year I got out from something which was a part of my life for 6 years plus. Yesterday as I was writing in my diary, I realized that I am more thankful to God now that He has helped me in this new chapter that He's given me than when He delivered me from the hole I was in. So relationship ended, friends come and go, I got the meet new people, make new friends and overall, I think I ended the year in a calmer and more at peace state of mind than when I started the year. Now if only I can keep being more hopeful and positive in life maybe more good things will come my way :) So I guess that's it. I'm feeling sleepy now. For some reason, I've been feeling tired these past few days. I keep on wanting more time to sleep :( On other news, the malls have gone to Chinese New Year mode. Singapore is highly efficient but the speed at which the Singapore malls can go from celebrating christmas and new year to preparing for Chinese New Year always amazes me. I am too have started my countdown and feeling excited about going home in 4 weeks time. I'm getting pretty nervous if I will have enough time to get all my shopping done before I go home. I feel I may not have enough time. Maybe I should be more worried if I have enough money :P Anyway, I can't wait to go home. So looking forward to it!!! Okay enough of this repetitive rambling. Take care peeps, buonanotte!

:) eKa @ 9:19:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.