Mr Robert Downey Jr, I Love You

Watched Due Date today. The hype about this movie is that it's from the director of The Hangover. Well I didn't find it to be as hilarious and as crazy as The Hangover but I thought it was pretty entertaining. All I can say after watching the movie is what I wrote as the title of this post :P To say that Due Date is not as crazy as The Hangover is kinda a bit of an understatement. There were some crazy and overly dramatic moments, for example when their first car flew over a flyover highway. I also wondered if an air marshall would just easily shoot someone and seriously, you can get kick out of a plane just by uttering the word terrorist and bomb? It's rather silly, don't you think?

Something that I kinda like about this movie is how real the characters are. Yes, the characters played by Robert Downey Jr and (especially) Zach Galifianakis are perhaps pretty weird but the way they interacted with each other are mostly like how normal people (under their circumstances) would interact. Anyway, all of us have a certain weirdness about us too, right? :D They're not overly crazy or anything unless during the crazy moments they were into. They were rather civilized and even polite to each other. So the story revolved around how these 2 slightly strange people have to survive a crazy roadtrip together. I have to say that the thing that I like the most about the movie is Robert Downey Jr. He's just so cool. He's like Johnny Depp cool :D Well, if you're expecting The Hangover, it's not it, so you may get disappointed but it's still quite an entertaining movie :)

That's pretty much how I spent today. This week has been rather calm. So I kinda like it. Well it does help that it's a short week. I'm not looking forward much for next week but I have to be positive about it. I'm so looking forward for the next public holiday. I have nothing much else to update peeps. Life is same old same old. I am happy though for all the friends who have had dinner or lunch with me this week ;) I wish us all happiness :)

:) eKa @ 8:17:00 PM •

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Due Date was so funny, although RDJ's character was such an angry guy it kinda scared me a bit. It might not be to everyone's tastes but if you're a fan of the 80s movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles ( http://www.deepfocusfilmstudies.com/due-date-in-focus.html ) then you should love this. Hope they make a sequel!

 
1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.