Back in the Hot Singapore

Hi peeps. Arrived back here last night and my dear God Singapore is so so hot. Jakarta was pretty sunny as well when I was there but somehow I feel that Singapore is hotter.

Anyways, surprisingly I was in the same flight with Felis yesterday. She also went home during the weekend. I guess to get some things done for her wedding next month. Another person getting married before me :P She's so skinny and with the getting married and all, she just seemed like a whole different person than what I used to know. I wonder if people ever feel that way to me, that I have changed a lot. Anyway, apparently Felis is gonna move back to Jakarta after the wedding. It seriously put some thoughts into my head about settling back in Jakarta but I don't think my family can take the 4 of us living under one roof again. I think it would be disastrous.

Dewi did ask me though, if I ever gonna go back to Jakarta. Hmm ... I forget the exact question, it was either that or when I will go back to Jakarta for good. I seriously have no answer for that question. If I have to dig in into the depth of my brain or heart for the answer, I just get depressed and I don't want to go there.

So let's talk about Emilia's wedding. I think it went well despite of this and that. I wonder what a wedding organizer is for when Emilia still had to handle certain calls or called people. I don't think she should be doing any of that. I think in the end she's happy though. She looked gorgeous as expected. I think her wedding was pretty pricey but again as long as she's happy. My cousin, Marlisa, surprisingly hasn't put up any pictures on facebook. We actually had to wake up at 4 am something to get ready. I had more make-up on my face and more products on my hair than the whole 5 years combined. I'm not loving all that but everything was done for Emilia. It's not like I helped her at all for her wedding. So I tried to suck it in even though I whined so many times about wanting to scratch the fake eye lashes from my eyes. It's good to have friends like Dewi who knows I whine a lot and just deal with it :D It's also always good to meet those friends from primary school. There was one whom I couldn't recognize and that's Julienne and it's because she looked stunningly beautiful, so different from our primary school days. That's one hot mama. I also have to embarrassingly admit that I forgot the name of one of my high school friends. I know it's very bad of me. I have no excuse :(

Oh I have to comment on the fact that with Dewi and Marlisa both having blackberries and boyfriends (they both have those things), I did get pretty lonely being basically alone *sigh* Yeah, I wish they had given me more attention, but oh well. Now speaking of blackberry. I have heard about the fact that Indonesia is a large market for blackberry but I think this trip was the first time I saw it first hand. EVERYONE owns a blackberry!!! My cousins, friends, brother. If only I can take pictures of Dewi and Marlisa and their boyfriends sitting on my left all typing something on their blackberries. I am one of those people who found people to be rude when they are so into their cell phones even though they are with other people. But it's Indonesia. Compare this to Singapore, I think Singaporeans are more into iphones or things with touch screen. As for me, the silly me has an illogical loyalty on things and in terms of mobile phones, it's with Nokia :P I also want to add and write this again (even though I have written about it before), I guess the average number of cell phones each Indonesian in big cities like Jakarta has, is 2. For the life of me, I still couldn't get the reasoning behind that despite them trying to explain to me about things being cheaper, etc.

Having only spent a few days at home (1 of it wasn't even spent at home), I do get pretty homesick right now. Well that plus other things, annoying things, sad things, I am in a pretty sad mood right now. I'm trying so hard not to feel sad but ... I can't really write about it, it's personal and I am just waiting for a willing person to hear me out :(

So back to home. I am glad to be meeting my mom and spent some time with her. I, without shame, used my mom's money all the time I was there. On my last day, my dad even offered me some money since he thought I was dead broke. It's a long story which I'm not gonna elaborate here. Let's just say, I have money. It's not a whole freaking lot, but I have enough money and no I didn't take the money my dad wanted to give me. Talking about dad, he locked my brother out on Saturday night since he thought my brother was not gonna come home. I had been awake since 4 am on Saturday because it's Emilia's wedding day. Didn't have a good sleep because my ignorant brother decided to blast the tv when he was watching something. Lo and behold, I was the one who answered his call when he wanted the door to be opened, at 3 am Sunday. I was so disoriented that it took him 3 phone calls. Lucky me, one of the phones was in my room. I hung up the first one because that what I do when I want the ringing to stop and don't want to answer the phone. On the second one, my brain was really not working, that I didn't understand a word he said. I think my brain didn't know which language it should work on, that the words my brother said was intelligible for me. On the third call, I think he spoke slower and I finally understood him but still I almost fell going down the stairs and I think it took me 10 minutes to open the lock since I even had difficulty putting the key to the lock. I am still tired thinking about it.

What else to say. Didn't eat much thing because I don't think I had much time anyway. I still have so many things that I want to eat. I seriously have to start making a list of things to eat as when I used to when I was in NUS. I did try domino pizza. I thought it was good. Mom didn't really think so though. She deep fried one left-over slice. I was so tempted to eat it but I didn't. Thinking about it, maybe I should have eaten it, so that at least it's not clogging my parents' arteries. Hmm ... I guess that's about it about home.

Today thankfully I had the chance to spend some free time alone. So I went to watch Io Sono L'amore, an Italian film with Tilda Swinton as the main lead. I chose that because it's in Italian and I need to refresh my Italian. My italian is not really refreshed, I have to say. I really need to speak more, perhaps read more or watch more things. I thought the story was pretty simple. A rich wife in a life which is pretty routine and normal found herself passionately in love with his son's friend. It's like a whole new world being opened for her, yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea. The son died accidentally when they tried to talk about it. After the funeral, the wife decided to tell her husband and then she left her family. I do kinda admire those people who run and let go everything, comfort, security, to chase their dreams or whatever they are passionate about. However, in this movie, I am more interested in the then what. What happened after that, after they've been together for some months or years. They're totally happy forever and ever? That love and passion was really enough to sustain them? See I am that skeptical about love. I really wonder if it's because I haven't found it yet or it's the case that I am just one of those people. One of those people who is so lost. I know my Christian friends would say I need Jesus in my life but I'm just so cynical about it all. What's wrong with you Eka? Okay, I am drifting. So good night peeps. Take care 'aight!

:) eKa @ 10:36:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.