The Last 2 Weeks in Points

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I last wrote. So I'm gonna do this in points.

1) This week, I applied for a new passport. The old one was expiring. The process was such a breeze. It's totally different than 5 years ago. I wrote my experience 5 years ago in this blog and apparently I had to come to the embassy 3 times, to apply, to get my picture and fingerprint taken, and to collect it. It cost so much more too last time, around S$100, I think. This time around it only cost S$35 and S$10 for the picture. I had planned to come earlier because I was expecting a long queue and yes there were people there even before the embassy was open, but there weren't as much people as I expected. There wasn't a line. Most of everyone was able to sit down in the waiting area. The embassy is open at 9, but when it was 9, the counter was still not opened yet and we were still waiting there. Then a girl (who I thought was pretty brilliant!) just stood up and started to stand in front of the counter. Just like that a line was formed behind her. We were such sheeps :P Come to think about it, I wonder if the officer instructed them to do so, or she just initiated it on her own. In the end I ended up having queue number 6 :) and the process took like around half an hour plus to complete. I just have to go back next week to collect it. The efficient process was such a joy! The area for passport renewal and visa application seemed to be so much bigger. At least that's what I thought. It's kinda brighter as well. I'm totally happy with the embassy's improvement. I do have to say that the embassy is pretty strict. You have to dress properly to go there. I think a lady was singled out because she was wearing a knee-length pants. Then I was called out for not wearing my pass around my neck. In my defence, I was a few metres away to the post where I had to exchange my pass to exit, hence I took it out :P I kinda like being at the embassy. I like being in Indonesian land. Of course I would have spoken differently if the process had been a nightmare :P

2) Since I finished so much earlier, I had a lot of time to kill. So in the end, I went to watch How To Train Your Dragon. Not in 3D. I am not into the whole 3D hype anymore. I thought How To Train Your Dragon was not bad. The ending was perhaps the most sobering ending that one has seen in a children animation movie since Shrek 1 in which Fiona actually turned as an ogre in the ending. This movie did have a happy ending but it came with a realistic ending which I think teach a good moral value to children and empower them if they should ever have to undergo similar fate. Not liking the dragons much except for Night Fury a.k.a Toothless who was very cute. The rest wasn't cute at all. For a dragon species which was described as being highly dangerous, I was quite disappointed to see how cute Night Fury is :P Reading some trivia about it, I found out that it was modelled after Stitch in Lilo and Stitch and I do can see quite a resemblance in them :) Anywho, yes, I would like to have a dragon like Toothless :P

3) Today I feel that things hasn't gone as well as I wanted. It's like there's certain things that I wanted and yet they didn't happen or they happened imperfectly. Maybe I am just putting too much expectation on things. The only sentence I can explain it is, things just don't settle well. I don't know if that makes any sense. Lunch was good though but even then the "ayam bakar" (grilled chicken) wasn't amazing. Maybe I'm just such a complainer on every single little thing. Anyway, wanted to use my GV birthday treat to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid however I couldn't use it for that :( so I settled for Remember Me. I wasn't interested in watching that and even after watching it, I thought it's one of those film that ended up on a Sunday afternoon on tv. I wasn't crazy about it. I am never one of those girls who go gugu-gaga over Robert Pattinson, so even with him inside it, it didn't interest me much. This is actually the first movie of him that I saw. He is handsome but yeah I feel nothing of him and nothing of this movie as well.

4) I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. I was having lunch in a canteen and suddenly my eyes went into this guy who just walked through the door. My God! Lo and behold, it was the guy whom I had a crush on back in my NUS days. It's been perhaps 6-7 years since I last saw him and by a twist of fate, he just walked into my world again. Well, one would argue it's a sign and so on but I'm just as shy as ever. So I just blushed and saw him walking around. I kinda have to say I don't have any feeling towards him anymore, at all. It's kinda weird in a sense to be seeing this guy whom you once had intense feeling for and now you don't. It's weird :P

5) Over that lunch too, YeeMaggio whom I was having lunch with was talking about how sad and kinda depressed she feels about her life right now, since she is having a change in her universe. I told her that I couldn't believe that she also feels her life kinda sucks. She said she thinks everybody does and people manage to somehow survive it because it's not in their face so much and when it's really hitting them, that's when all energy are sucked out like a kryptonite to a Superman. I actually would hate to see her go, but I kept on telling her that things might actually be better.

You see, I met my Italian classmates around 2 weeks ago and one message that I took from those successful ladies is be positive. Our energy is like a magnet and we are attracting similar energy to us. So when you feel so negative all the time, bad things just come to you naturally. In my case, it makes me realize that people around me, a lot of them, are depressed with their lives (with the exception of Vivy). So I am trying to be positive and hey reading all that I have written all this time, you know it's not easy for me to do so. I'm trying, trying hard. Right now, I am just making a mental effort of not making a negative statement and as mentioned by Carl, not sigh. I told Oshie about this and asked him to be positive as well. I know it's not easy, but I'm just hoping collective positiveness (is that a noun?) from people around me will raise us up instead of bringing us down. God knows, I am tired of having to comfort people when noone actually bothers to ask me how I am and comfort me.

6) Speaking of selfish people, well I just want to complain about snobbish people. Geez, some people just don't see that they are being such an ass when they're talking about their successful life. Hellooooo!!! There are common people living here. We don't have your life, your lifestyle, and perhaps your wealth. So shut the fuck up. They are so into themselves that they don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. I hate it when people come to me to boast about their recent success or such. In a way, I was thinking this kinda attitude is what get you so unsuccessful in your personal stuff, like in your relationship or family. They are lacking in empathy. It kinda make them pretty fake. I like more humbling people who drop what they are, what they do, how much they earn for a real conversation with you. I am thankful that I have the chance to meet some of this humble people and from them I actually learn from what they are saying. They are just sharing sincerely. Not because they want to teach you because they think they are so mighty successful.

Wow, I got quite fiery in the end ya? Oh well, I think that's all from my life in the past 2 weeks. Looking forward for the next week :) I don't even mind that this Saturday is going to end :) I hope I can continue feeling like this :D Take care peeps!

:) eKa @ 8:50:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.