The Blind Side

Went to watch The Blind Side with Vivy yesterday. She, being a Sandra Bullock fan, is very susceptible in watching any movie by her. I have no idea why the only adjective I can think of to use in that sentence is "susceptible". As for me, I just like a good movie and the trailer seemed promising. It turns out to be a really good movie indeed. I like it very much. There was a time when I found that the movie was running pretty long but I actually welcomed it very much because the movie didn't just stop at the happy ending one would assume. Instead it covered more parts of the journey of Michael Oher and the Tuohy family, the "after happy ending" part. I thought all the casts were great. The ones who stole the limelight were of course Sandra Bullock and the little boy who played SJ Tuohy. That boy was just such fun to watch. He's so adorable with his freckles and imperfect teeth. He really defined that personality would always win than look. Kinda weird to see that the real SJ Tuohy is not that adorable :P Sandra Bullock of course just won a golden globe for her performance in this movie. She was really awesome in her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy. I don't think we have ever seen Sandra Bullock that way before. As for the boy who played Michael Oher, well he's not bad himself. One would really sympathize to his predicament and rooting for him to really get something good. I was reading about the movie, it seemed though that the real Michael Oher is not as passive as the one in the movie. So perhaps as with many things in this movie, there's a lot of dramatization going on :P Overall, I really like the movie. So go and watch it peeps, it's really good even though maybe straight guys wouldn't share my opinion :P

I have been feeling cold these days. I don't know why. Even now, as much as the room is a bit warm, my hands are rather cold :( Am I going to get sick? I am really really tired. I haven't been sleeping well since Sunday. I don't even know if I really slept at night. I'm pretty emotional as well. I felt like crying when I was waiting for my bus this evening. Then I remembered about the CNN articles I read this morning, about the Haitians who are suffering and so to be crying and screaming to God to lift my burden seemed rather inappropriate :( I was contemplating in what language I should write this next paragraph in. Didn't want to do it in English because I just don't want some people to understand it. Then I am too tired to write in Italian so I will write it in Indonesian. I think I wouldn't be able to write all of it in Indonesian though, there will be some english in it. I really need to go home and speak Indonesian fully.

Jadi ada apa Eka? Nggak mau nulis pake bahasa inggris soalnya kalo orang ngerti dan baca pasti mereka bilang kalo gua ngeluh terus dan nggak pernah bergerak untuk keluar dari penderitaan gua. BT nya sama orang-orang kae gini adalah, namanya orang curhat itu yah untuk mencurahkan kegundahan hati, bukan untuk dibilangin elu salah, elu mustinya gini dan gitu. Namanya juga curhat. Tapi orang-orang yang gua harapin untuk bisa dengerin gua selalu nggak bisa dengar gua curhat tanpa mengkritik gua. Tolong lah, ketika orang-orang itu curhat tentang cewek yang dikejar tapi nolak, tentang kakak mereka yang nge-BT-in, tentang mantan pacar yang nggak bener, gua dengan sabarnya dengerin. Yang gua pengen dengar adalah tenang Ka, semuanya bakal baik-baik aja kok, Tuhan pasti jagain elu. Nggak usah terlalu khawatir. Elu pasti bisa melalui ini. Tapi yang ada orang-orang yang bikin BT itu pasti bilangnya, elu nggak mau nolongin diri elu sendiri, gimana Tuhan mau nolongin elu? Mungkin lah mereka benar, tapi saat ini gua cuma pengen dengar kalo semuanya bakal baik-baik aja. Makanya malas gua akhirnya curhat sama orang-orang itu semua. Kalo ini gua ceritain ke anak-anak indo, banyak juga yang bilang, kaenya orang Singapur kae gitu deh, nggak sebaik anak Indo. Iya ya? Gua udah cape sama Singapur. Tapi untuk balik ke Indo, buat gua berasa seperti kebebasan terampas :( Aduh Eka kenapa sih elu nggak bahagia banget? Udah nulis 1 paragraf, tapi belum sampe ke inti kesedihan dan kekecewaan gua :( Mungkin nggak semua harus elu beritakan ke dunia, mungkin banyak hal emang harus elu simpan dan hadapi sendiri. Ingat Tuhan lah, meski nggak ada siapa-siapa di sekitar kita, selalu ada Tuhan. Kuatkan iman Ka, yang sabar yah! Jadi menghibur diri sendiri nih :( sedih banget ya?

:) eKa @ 8:37:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.