The September Issue

I know I just wrote a long piece yesterday but I kinda have something to write about today. Went to watch The September Issue today out of whim-wham. Well I was planning to watch it but didn't really plan it today. When I woke up this morning, I wondered why not and so I did. I am perhaps one of the least fashionable person that the people who know me know of but actually I really like nice dresses and shoes and stuffs. I really like watching tv shows like Project Runway and America's Next Top Model 'cause I really enjoy looking at pretty dresses and pictures. I guess I just love pretty things.

I really love The September Issue even though I have never read Vogue, ever! It's a documentary telling how Vogue prepared their September issue which apparently it's like the bible released every year for the fashion industry. It centered around its editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, who is the real "devil in prada". Her ex-assistant was the one who wrote The Devil Wears Prada which I've read, courtesy of Dagi, and was also already made into a movie (not a really amazing one though). So Anna Wintour was described as this difficult boss but watching the documentary, I don't really think so. She just does what she does and establishes her opinions on things. Bosses do that and it's always hard when you also have a strong opinion about something and think your boss is wrong and yet you have to give in because the boss is always right and get the final say :( It's frustrating and it's never easy but it's just how it is in working life I suppose. Seriously I don't see the bitchiness from Anna Wintour as the book The Devil Wears Prada implies. I love the comment of her daughter who said she didn't want to be an editor and she didn't get how serious people think and feel about fashion. It happens, doesn't it? That people cannot get why you are very passionate about something :P Anyways, I love all the creative processes. I love the pictures! I love the dresses and stuff. The people working for the issue are pretty amazing because they really come out with interesting and amazing stuff. Grace Coddington, the creative director, is really creative and her input in the whole spread are amazing! I love the photo shoots she produced and like her, I also couldn't understand why Anna didn't like some of the shots :P I know fashion is not for everyone, but it you are the slightest bit interested, do watch it because it's really interesting :)

Had my lunch / dinner today with the presence of Jenny and like a response (perhaps from God) about my last post, she's criticizing my solitaire lifestyle. Bah! I was really not welcoming the talk but I had not choice but to hear her out. Yeah, I know I should be more social, bla bla bla but I am also a stubborn person and as I said I like to do the things I like, my way and right now I have noone that I find to be interesting enough to spend some hours with. That's all I have to say about it. Okay, I'm still hungry :S but I cannot get my banana chocolate cake with her outside :( aarrrggh. By the way, Sebastian Vettel is so cute!!! Aaaahhh ...

:) eKa @ 7:04:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.