of The-Fail-Singapore-Flyer Attempt and Angels & Demons

Woke up early today. Well not so early, but early like 8 something. The plan was to meet up with NanSee and redeem our supposedly free ride at the Singapore flyer because we are Singtel users. After this and that, we met up at 10:30 and somehow I agreed to have breakfast first instead of going to the flyer first. In the end we arrived there and disappointingly found out that all the free ride for today (supposedly 500 of them) had been fully redeemed. Yes, it is a real bummer!!! However, I did take some pictures around there. Not many and not exactly fantastic.





After which, we proceeded to watch Angels & Demons at Vivo city. I was very interested in watching the movie. However it wasn't really that amazing. Perhaps it's a good thing that I haven't read the book because I have a feeling I would have been more disappointed in watching the movie. Still, I do find the Vatican side of the movie to be very interesting and I cannot wait for my time to go and see the Vatican. NanSee was a bit clueless about the Catholic church, so she didn't understand some of the part. I found it extremely interesting how big the faith that some people have. The cardinals and the people in the Vatican seemed to have a lot of conviction in what they are doing.

In terms of the actors, I feel that Tom Hanks is really a totally likable person. Ewan McGregor was pretty cool in the movie. However the plot and the ending doesn't really give much sense or proper reasoning on why his character did what he did. I read the wikipedia summary before coming into the movie and found out that one very interesting part of the ending was omitted. So for people who read the book, again this one might be quite a disappointment. After movie, we had our lunch. NanSee was feeling Japanese and we ended up at Shin Kushiya and it was a really nice surprise for me because I found the food to be really nice. Kinda pricey because I found the serving to be rather too little. People who knows me get stunned that I can eat a lot and so if I have to complain it would be because the price doesn't really match the serving. NanSee told me to take pictures of the food. I am not one who do this and found myself having to be reminded to do so because I just wanted to dig in when the food arrived :P So this is my first time taking pictures of food, again the pictures may not be fantastic.

Our drinks. At S$6 each, they are kinda expensive, no?

NanSee's lightly poached egg in bonito stock. Man, it's so tempting for me. But I had to refrain because I had 2 eggs for breakfast. She said it was kinda cold. I don't know if it was meant to be that way.

These ones are grilled shitake mushrooms with minced chicken and quail eggs. The eggs were for me and yes, I love eggs way too much that I cannot just walk away :P The mushroom and chicken was so nice that we ordered another one :D and I could eat more actually.

My soft-shell crab and NanSee's tori karaage. I didn't use the sauce that was given to me. NanSee on the other hand took the whole thing. She said it was really nice. I really enjoyed lunch today :) and it made me happy!


Lastly, it's the rice.

Somehow I managed to tempt NanSee for dessert at Bakerzia. Well, I'm not much of a matcha ice cream fan so I wasn't feeling the desserts at Shin Kushiya. Anyways, NanSee was tempted after I described the molten chocolate cake in Bakerzia. At an average of S$9 per dessert, Bakerzia is another pricey place but I am kinda loving their molten chocolate cake a whole lot. However though, in the end Nansee chose the chocolate souffle. Here it is, it came with vanilla ice cream.

I chose the molten chocolate cake. I just love the fruits that came with it! Note to self: stop spending money on these kinda indulgence until I have enough money to spend! How can you resist though? Isn't it beautiful :P


Anyway, it's kinda nice to be spending time with NanSee today since it's been awhile since I met her and update her about my life, especially since I have news to share. I'm not making any official announcement yet because things are still not confirmed yet :( However as Casryn reminded me, the hardest part is over so I can start getting excited. Even without me giving official statement, news did get out. Well, the flying nun kinda didn't know it was a hush-hush, so she just happily expressed her happiness for me in my facebook wall and it did kinda cause a bit of a hype. I have to say though, people do get really excited when I told them what I'm doing and I have to say perhaps because of this reason, I've been hiding what I'm planning. Their burst of emotion are kinda too distracting for me and I couldn't be too emotional (be it too sad or too happy) throughout the process because I still have other things to deal with in my world. So I entrusted my emotion and thoughts to only a few people like my mom, Rista, Vivy, and Casyrn and they all have been extremely great and supportive. When things are more settled, I will officially share the good news peeps, so stay tuned :)

:) eKa @ 8:22:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.