Horton Hears a Who!

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you have a good holiday.

I'm not having a very reflective easter this year. I guess I have strayed more and more. Feel that I am physically rather unhealthy so I've been trying to keep physical activity to the minimum and try to sleep more and better.

Did go and watch Horton Hears a Who! with Vivy yesterday and I actually like it much. Of all Dr Seuss' books movies adaptation that I have watched, How the Grinch Stole Christmas! and The Cat in the Hat, I like Horton the movie the most. I'm particularly not so fond of The Cat in the Hat. I have never read any of Dr Seuss' books, so I really had no expectation on Horton nor can I write if the movie lives up to the book. I like it because I found that the story is nice. Dr Seuss did give moral values in his story and I have to applaud him for putting rhymes in his lines, though rhymes perhaps are not the correct word to use. For more reading, go here. I think these things are great, because they are so educative and really trigger the imagination.

In terms of the actors, I think all of them did well. I think it was interesting to picture Jim Carrey as Horton, because he's always explosive on screen and Horton being the size that he is does give much limitation to how physically crazy he can be. I don't know if you get what I mean Anyway, love Horton. Who wouldn't? He's so endearing and lovable and trustworthy, the kind of best friend that you would want because he would be there for you no matter what. Another character that I also like was Jo-Jo because I thought he was so cool. I think the animators did a good job dressing him in black and made me quite edgy though I doubt that was how Dr Seuss imagined him The Whos actually kinda reminded me of how the Grinch looked like, though the Whos obviously are not as freaky looking as the Grinch. Overall, I think the animation was nicely done. There were some nice surprises here and there in the animation and they made for a good laugh. Love it. Love the story. I find it to be very entertaining. I know that there are many movies to watch peeps, but this one is quite worthy to be put into your list

On other news before I lie down. I've got my CELI certificato today. I'm so happy. I got a B which stands for Buono, which means good and I'm so happy about it considering I thought I'd fail. So happy so happy! Thank you God. Okay, now I need to lie down. I really need some good sleep. Before I go, let me leave you with a line from Horton, ah ... who will not fall in love with this elephant hearing him say this, "I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one hundred percent."

:) eKa @ 10:43:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.