The Wind that Shakes Eka

Ciao tutti, come siete? A few things happened to me this week. Had a full day yesterday that when I wrote it in my diary, I wasn't even writing it chronologically since all the thoughts just rushed out. Now, I'm gonna try to do so.

So yesterday morning started with the test that I dreaded, aahhh, non è stato facile and Sabrina was like "NO?!?". Almeno per me, spero che ho fatto bene. Per orale, tutti hanno preso il tempo più lungo di me. Ho presso meno 5 minuti. E penso che non è stato bene. Aahhh, tentate di spiegare Spider-man 3 in Italiano. Non ho saputo parlare. Il peggio è quando Sabrina non ha capito che ho parlato *sigh* Però forse come Carla ha detto, almeno è finito. Si, dovrei essere felice adesso. 4th level A is coming. I can't believe that I've made it this far. I think Carl didn't believe it as well. Oh the dedication we put into it We should be better than we are perhaps, but I think we are better than some and we can be proud of that.

After it, I met up with the girls, La Gioia and NanSee. La Gioia surprisingly called me Friday evening asking me if I wanted to watch a movie. She made some unknown suggestions, all of which I really have never heard before, except for 28 Weeks Later which I'm not interested and Priceless. In the end we settled with The Wind that Shakes the Barley, in which I know for sure it's so not NanSee's type of movie. It's in Irish. Hah! I make it sounds like a totally different language, but it can very well be since it can be quite hard to understand it at times. It felt it was a long and rather deep movie. I didn't feel sleepy though but I do feel like it's rather boring at times. My other entertainment was when La Gioia pointed out that NanSee was sleeping Maybe I should have suggested Blades of Glory which I was interested initially, but the more I saw the trailer, the more I thought it was rather too silly.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley is actually not bad. Cillian Murphy (pronounced Killian) was handsome! Okay, back to the story, the fate that the 2 brothers had to endure was very touching and sad, however the build up to that nice climax was too long and that main theme only took half an hour at the end of the movie. In a way, it is still a good movie because you get a little education of the Irish fight against the British and this may lead you to a wiki search, perhaps about IRA. Looking at the green meadows of Ireland, it reminded me when I was younger and so in love with a certain Irish boyband, which made me solemnly swear to visit Ireland one day I still hope I get to do that and stand on that meadow and hill and feel the wind.

After the movie, I made what I thought would be my purchase of the day, which was Linkin Park's latest album Minutes to Midnight, however I was so wrong. The CD was made in Malaysia and my God, there's some censorship which made me rather pissed. I think Indonesia wouldn't silent all the F words, even in the lyrics booklet. The album is totally different from Linkin Park's previous sounds. Well, they did promise something different. I don't have any favorite songs, I think I still have to digest it more. There's 1 or 2 that can be favorite, but overall I don't think the album came out as strong as I hoped it would be. Ah, I am maybe not used to this side of them. There's not much of Chester and Mike Shinoda together in the songs anymore. Most of it just Chester and he sounded softer actually. There was 1 song where I felt he actually sounds like one of those vocalists from Good Charlotte and such. I guess these guys are just done portraying angst in a screamingly way. I guess now their angst, frustration and perhaps depression comes in a more mellow way. I still think the lyrics are awesome though, I can imagine quoting it for my MSN nick. I've got an A1 poster with the purchase and aahh, again felt rather sad since I can't put it in my room. I can actually do that but I just feel that since this is not my room "my room", I felt it's rather inappropriate to do so. I want to give the poster to someone who can appreciate it, hopefully it'll get a nice wall soon.

Afterwards the plan was to shop with these girls, me being skeptical if I was gonna spend. But La Gioia's family were in Orchard so she joined them. So I was tasked in accompanying NanSee to satisfy her urges. But the first stop was for me actually. I'm actually already rather broke, but I got myself a Calvin perfume. Didn't regret it, felt happy with the purchase. I guess there were times when you were young when you wish you can buy certain stuffs, it's rather nice being older and being able to do so. Though in my case, I should not have spent so much yesterday. Bought some stuffs and the last purchase was totally unnecessary. I should say "Damn NanSee!!!" but I was not under a gun point It's all done, so just enjoy the materialistic things I suppose

Had a good talk with Starfish last night. Ah, I miss him, and the talks are the reasons why I miss him. In a way, it's rather stupid really to talk to certain people because you know they're gonna give the response you wanna hear, because sometime you need to hear things that you don't want to hear. I guess I like talking to Starfish because there are opinions that we share and ah, I think it will be so much better if he was here, especially this week, because I know I'm not alone in what I think. I guess I just want to shift responsibility and burden The life talks were also comforting in a way, he kinda ensured me that this waiting period are perhaps necessary in my life. I need to believe that

So this week, some things have happened. There are a few that I would rather not talk about. I am tired of certain things but I'm trying to be "lebih dewasa" about it, hahahahahahaa ... I'm not gonna translate that in English because it's rather too silly for me to say it out loud Mother sent an sms on Tuesday evening and it kinda freaked me out because it's so like she has a 6th sense or something. Vivy said it's mother intuition. Yeah, mothers have that, this is not the first time my mother sensed correctly what I do. I think she has nothing to worry about though. But as Vivy had written, it’s vague and relative and so we will never know how it's gonna turn out.

Had many talks this week, but one that I want to write about is l.o.v.e You wanna laugh peeps? Well, there were talks about why guys do the nicest thing without actually having the intention to make a commitment with the girl. An answer was given like they just like the thrill of the chase. A conclusion was made like all the guys out there are evil! Yeah, there are many bad guys out there. However, last night it so happened that there were 2 guys who admitted that their past relationships still haunt them and churn their inside. Yeah, apparently relationship does matter to some guys This week, I realize that the furthest I've been to a broken heart is knowing that my crush has a girlfriend, when the fact is a fail relationship is so much worse. Maybe I am lucky to never experience it so far, but I guess all these experiences have made all these people so much better

Okay, it's been a long post, what else to write? Felt so sleepy during my nap today that I didn't want to wake up. I slept 1 hour longer than I planned to. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. Then there's tomorrow, I guess as discussed with Starfish, take it one day at a time and be happy if there's bright sky and clouds that make our days

PS: good for Juventus being back in Serie A

:) eKa @ 9:16:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.