Balik Dari Mudik

Hey peeps. I am back here in Singapore. I was thinking how unlucky I was with this trip, even from the beginning. When I went back, I was having difficulty finding a taxi under the drizzle of rain. I called for one but it never came. NanSee was really good that she tried to locate and get me another taxi, but at that point in time there was no freaking taxi in Singapore. I made it to the airport on time. It was pretty much my first time going to the plane straight away without waiting to board. When I arrived at the Soekarno-Hatta airport, I thought I saw my cousin. But since we haven't seen each other for a long time, I wasn't sure it was him and I didn't say "Hi". I then found out that it was him and I felt pretty bad for not greeting him because I am eternally grateful to him for taking care of me on my first day in Singapore. The trip home from the airport to my house was a pain because of traffic jam.

Arriving here early this morning was a worse trip. All started yesterday in the airport when I checked in. I think there were around 3 planes departing to Singapore at around 10 minutes apart and I think all those planes are full of Indonesians going back to Singapore. So checking in was a pain. Then there was the queue for the tax exemption and afterwards there was the queue for the immigration check in. Because of the so many people boarding, my plane was delayed more than half an hour so that everyone can get in. Emirates was pretty nice that it gave us bread, cakes, and drinks while waiting. I must say that flying with Emirates is really really good. Arriving in Singapore, we had to go through another baggage check. I think it's because Singapore thought that Indonesia didn't do a proper job since we were just rushed to take off. Then waiting for my luggage was a pain. Afterwards the taxi queue was a British (I think) tourist said, "It's horrendous!". I think there were 2 taxi queues in the terminal, left and right. Due to the so many people queuing for taxi, the end of the 2 queues actually met! I only got my taxi at around 00:45 am. The taxi uncle was pretty nice, he drove really fast. I think he didn't go below 80 and around half an hour later, I reached my place. With a bit of this and that, I think I slept at around 2 am.

Chinese New Year was not bad. It was actually the NBA all stars weekend. Goodness, I forget how I used to enjoy watching NBA back in junior high school. NBA matches are really cool. Didn't really watch much of the competition and the all stars games though. For once, I really think that Eva Longoria is pretty. I guess it's different seeing the normal her outside Desperate Housewives. What Eva Longoria has anything to do with NBA? Well, get to know more things peeps.

My days at home was pretty okay. There was a heavy thunderous rain last Saturday night that I was really worried that there would be flood. Fortunately, there was none. Had really good sleep on my bed. I love my hard tough bed so much. Didn't bring my vaio home and I actually managed to watch a few DVDs:
:: The Longest Yard - I love it. Love Adam Sandler in it. I think he's a really nice guy. Too bad Chris Rock had to die.
:: Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - I didn't watch the first one. I think the 2nd one is your average family movie. Not so interesting.
:: In Her Shoes - Not bad.
:: Just Like Heaven - aaahh ... so average. After watching this and In Her Shoes, I do wonder what it's like to find that 'guy'.
:: Mean Girls - I think this was pretty good. I think Lindsay Lohan was pretty good in it. She is not a bad actress actually. I guess she should really focus on acting rather than creating drama.
:: Repli-Kate - Aarrgh ... I regret watching this. I feel I was getting dumber after the movie.
:: Click - Just when I thought I like Adam Sandler. Not his fault actually. The idea was interesting but the story was just not that good.
Other than DVDs, there were the usual cartoons, love Jimmy Neutron! Too bad I didn't spend more time for Spongebob, Hey Arnold, and The Rugrats. There were also Oprah. The most captivating one I must say is 4 Mata. Perhaps the hottest talk show currently in Indonesia, hosted by the silly Tukul Arwana, or perhaps in English, he would love it to be known as TooCool. When I first heard news of him, I thought he's some kind of brilliant and sharp comedian. After watching the shows, I think it's his creative team who are the smart ones but now I realize that he himself is pretty good because different people can be given the same resources and how you make the best of it and come out with something amazing show how brilliant and creative you are. There were chances to watch soccer but I missed them. Saw a bit of a Italian Serie A league match (I forget between which). It was pretty weird watching a match without spectators in it. You can actually hear the players shouting. I wonder if they felt it's like a normal training session. There were chances to watch Champion League matches but I couldn't muster the will to get up and Arsenal lost! and so they lost again from Chelsea Freaking unlucky!

Met with the girls twice. Love them. They actually gave me my first birthday present this year and I got another one from Marlisa's sister. I got 2 presents and my birthday is still some weeks to come and I haven't even bought a present for Marlisa. Anyways, I got really girlie stuffs. I think I should really slowly embrace the girliness in me? Well, I guess it's necessary. The girls seemed to be doing pretty alright. I almost forgot to tell you that my dear cousin, Marlisa, created a very lovely card for me. I love it! She must have spent much time doing it.

Had that life discussion with mom and she's not so supportive with what I want to do. There was plan A, make that A1 and A2. However those didn't come true. There was plan B, due to some restriction I actually tone it down but mom disapproves! I wonder what plan C will be (currently there is none). Anyway those things and the fact that today I am getting back to what I have been doing, I just got really depressed and frustrated with my life. To the point that I really felt like crying. Life sucks! Seriously! I feel it with all the bones and blood in me. It's just I don't want my life to be like this. Aaarrrrrggghhhh...I have a headache and a tummy problem that I don't even have the energy to tell you what's wrong with me. Anyway, I'm just gonna be in a mellow mood until further notice and as such I will just be a bitch.

Can I just say that I love Leonardo DiCaprio! and Jennifer Hudson is really a testimony of how God makes everything beautiful and better in His time. Night peeps. A picture from home, cropped and the sky was photoshop enhanced. You are looking at electricity cables and some rain droplets. Taken from my house's 2nd floor balcony. I don't usually spend much time there. One afternoon I actually saw a good looking sky. Stupid me, it didn't occur to me that I should take pictures and after waiting for another sky to appear, which didn't happened, I had to settle with this on my last day.

:) eKa @ 10:42:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.