God Makes No Mistake

I put that title over there in my msn nick and the Mr quickly responded with "Yes, he did". In which, I replied "God?". He said yes and gave Bush as a case example. When I told him that it may not be a mistake, that maybe it's just God's way to shift power in this world, slowly decreasing US power as supreme ruler; the Mr said that I was too Christian! My goodness! How could that be? Of all people, I am a Christian? Not that being a Christian is bad. I don't know why, the labeling is just kinda too weird for me. I am not a Christian. I just believe in Jesus Christ and Lord Buddha at the same time. To politely and diplomatically put it, I think I am not worthy to be looked as a Christian, because God knows I am very sinful and way off what true Christians will testify with their daily lives. So why then I put that line in my msn nickname and now here as a post title. That line is actually a part of Bon Jovi's song, Welcome to Wherever You Are. It's really kinda amazing how people do evolve. This was the band who sang cheesy line like This Romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood.... Now they are singing wise lines in their songs, which kinda make you feel better, though there are cheesy lines in this song too, We all got the blood of Eden running through our veins...

I felt slightly better hearing to this particular song ('cause God makes no mistake), especially after all the sadness and frustration that made me write the last post. The post that caused people to ask me, why was it in Indonesian? I suppose because noone could understand anyway. The sadness and frustration are still following me now. I suppose because I never shake it off myself. Getting really tired with this mentally. Should I just smile it off though I am not okay about it? Fake it 'til you make it? Come on Eka, you must pull yourself together *sigH*

So Rista wants an update on life...So...Singapore is having an Election next week. It seems like they are voting for members of the parliament, though the whole thing was kinda weird for me. Watched the small speech made by the chair of the parties on TV a few hours ago. Oh dear, I think the opposition parties really do approach it the wrong way. Each of them did not fail to contribute many parts of their speeches to backslash the most powerful party. I particularly was amazed to the extend that the first speaker took in the speech. Rather than backslashing the dominating party, they should just put the effort to make it be known what their parties can do to the country, things that they could do better. I would rather hear plans rather than all the bitching. Yes, it does make the speeches interesting to hear, but if that's the only speech I am gonna hear from you, I don't think you sell yourself well, because basically you are saying the other person is bad, but I don't know anything about your potential. I think the result of the election will be as expected by everyone. Is it a good thing? I don't know, but Singapore is doing well being in the same system for a long time. I suppose only when they suddenly go poor like what happened to Indonesia, then things will change. However it is highly highly highly unlikely.

Now, about my days. Today, I had the pleasure of having lunch with Darren and Teddy. I think the last time I saw them was around 3 years ago? It was really great meeting them again. Everyone is doing well. Teddy of course is always well, happy-go-lucky kinda person, a perfectionist happy-go-lucky kinda person. He still looks the same. He had to go off early to make more money. So that left me with Darren, who suddenly made me feel that he looks older. He is older mentally, so much older. If you asked me back in the Kent Ridge days if he was gonna turn like that, I wouldn't believe it. I suppose people do have plans and they mature and here I am still being 18 and all. Spent the afternoon with him, and then he had to go off to make more money and make people swim properly and I needed to go to bed

What other things there is to say? Mr! Hold your horses, don't go on posting things before reading both the post and the mail! And yes, the mail is coming. Geez, I seriously have nothing to say, trying hard to find things to tell. Arsenal is going to the Champion League Final. I am glad. Please continue praying, people. Chelsea won the English Premier League title after a sweet win against MU. Goodness, the icing on their cakes must taste so good. What else? Pray for me, people?

...Remember every new beginning is some beginning's end...

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
That right here right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome to wherever you are

When everybody's in and you're left out
And you feel drowning in a shadow of the dawn
Everyone's a miracle in their own way
Just listen to yourself not what other people say

...When you want to give up and your heart's about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes...

:) eKa @ 12:05:00 AM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.