Coelho-ism

I repeat:

You can recognize a warrior of light by the look in his eye. Warriors of light are in the world, they form part of the world, and they were sent into the world without saddlebags or sandals. They are often cowardly. They do not always act correctly.

Warriors of light are wounded by the most foolish things, they worry about trivialities, they believe themselves incapable of growing. Warriors of light sometimes believe themselves unworthy of any blessing or miracle.

Warriors of light often ask themselves what they are doing here. Often they find their lives meaningless

That is why they are the warriors of light. Because they fail. Because they ask questions. Because they keep looking for a meaning. And, in the end, they will find it.

Hello peeps. The excerpt up there is from Paulo Coelho's book Manual of the Warrior of Light. Nice book. I feel connected to the book. I guess that's why I bought it in the first place. So far, I have given one excerpt from the book to Ayu during her birthday this year. I can imagine doing more of this in the future.

Anyway, I bought the book in May and I finally finished reading it this week. Yes, I know it's far too long. Can I use Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince as a reason for the delay? Yes, I know it is not a strong excuse The reason why I finally finished the book, is because just recently I am in the possession of another of Coelho's Book, The Devil and Miss Prym. So in respect to the person who unexpectedly gave me the book, I suppose I should start reading it (right about now). However as I mentioned before, I want to finish The Goblet of Fire before I watch the movie. So right now, I am a bit in a state of confusion on which one I should start first. The Goblet of Fire seems like a more pressing matter but I feel bad if I don't start on The Devil and Miss Prym *sigH* This is awfully silly right? Saw one of Harry Potter's poster for the latest movie and there was Mad Eye Moody in the poster. Truly not as I pictured it to be. I wonder if I read things correctly. How come it is so different than the image that I have in my head. I just hope the movie doesn't turn out to be a let-down. Still haven't figured out the when and where to watch this movie.

On Champions League: Arsenal won, people!!! wooHoo For all the Bayern and MU supporters, I'm sorry I can't say that I am that sorry for Bayern though, I like Juventus better Sorry.

So today is Lebaran. Happy Lebaran to all who celebrate it. Miss home and miss the food (basically just my mom's ketupat, I miss my mom). The holiday this week has been spent in a very boring manner. Well, at least I did clean my room though the dust have come back to haunt me (sneezing so badly now, am I going to get sick again? I can't). Spent some time in Borders today. Not much reading, except for 1 particular picture book which is too weird that I rather not mention it here. Quite abstract but I can imagine it to be quite an interesting Hollywood movie. Did a bit of shopping spree (tiny bit). Christmas is in the air, should start thinking on what to get people. Not much things can be said. My life is boring. What a waste...What a waste it is to just wait for time to pass. I am frustrated.

:) eKa @ 7:54:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.