NUS Centennial Rag 2005

Today, I went to watch Rag in NUS. Was really excited about it because I missed Rag last year. I actually really got a thing for Rag. I was so impressed with it when I was a freshman and being a ragger kinda forged a stronger bond with it though I must say I don't really contribute to the raggers after my year Anyway, met Vivy and then we had our walk through, as in we walk through the floats one by one as they were being queued in the track field. One of the first float that I saw was from SoC and my goodness, I actually felt impressed and happy that there was a float. I still remembered the time when the float was something like a box or maybe it was actually just a banner, I don't know, anyway it was very pathetic. So seeing that they actually had a float which looked quite impressive, it was just pretty cool. Then we walked all through the rest of the floats. Saw and said "Hi" to Jessie, as she was taking pictures in her hall's area (Sheares Hall). Then moved on to my own hall, dear Kent Rigde Hall. I got there, couldn't really figure out what the float is all about. The raggers were still touching the float in a manner that kinda made me puzzled and worry, just seemed like they still had so many things to fixed. Anyways, wasn't really impressed with it. Didn't really see the static display, I initially didn't realize which one was the static display. Anyways, after that, me and Vivy decided to just go to the seating places, as it was quite hot back then. Vivy got a call from LiHua, so we went to meet her. I think we were quite lucky to be able to watch Rag with her, because her straightforwardness quickly brought us to the seats. We wanted to sit and the seats were marked alumni but I guess we're just feeling humble that we asked first if we could actually sit there In the end, our seats were quite good.

Now about Rag. The faculties seemed to be getting better in making the floats and all. Arts faculty usually came up with interesting stuff, but it wasn't really so this year. Bizad's presentation was quite interesting. I kinda forget how the result for the faculty side, I think the awards mostly went to School of Design and Environment and to the Science Faculty. If I'm not mistaken, I think Science won overall champion. The halls were doing not bad, I think. Really wasn't impressed with KR, but I wasn't expecting much. It just wasn't impressive. I don't know if there were any change in the rules or what, but I just felt that the floats are smaller and shorter compared to my year and the year before me. I think everyone really enjoyed Sheares Hall's presentation because it's fun and cute. The rest of the hall still focused on creatures and good against evil. I guess Sheares was the only one who took a different approach and just be fun. In the end, they went home with quite a number of awards, awards which were given really based on their design and creativity. However, they didn't win overall champion, as I predicted. I predicted Eusoff would take home the overall champion. Why? Because Eusoff won gold for Flag, just like KR. The overall champion award is based on Flag result also, not just rag. I think Flag contribute 50% of the whole thing. KR and Eusoff won gold for Flag, however since KR's float and presentation weren't as awesome as Eusoff (sucks), so it's like pretty obvious that Eusoff would win the title. This situation kinda reminded me of why KR also won overall champion when I was a ragger Too bad for Sheares, they should have tried harder for flag. But I supposed it's all good for them, compared to KE VII, Raffles, and Temasek who went home empty-handed Well, it's all good, baby. I know the work was hard and the sacrifice was huge. I guess there are always other things that matter rather than all the shields.

Alrighty, attached is some pictures from the event. Small, so you might not see anything. The picture from the top left is SOC's float

:) eKa @ 11:02:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.