Indonesia Raya

Happy Independence Day 60 . We are old Better not go on ranting about how even though my country is quite old, it hasn't achieved as much as the young Singapore has. But, I suppose we have so much other things that we can be proud of. I'm still so happy being an Indonesian. Today, I'm actually quite in a nationalist spirit. I was wearing red Unfortunately, today didn't go as well as I planned it to be. Maybe I should really not make plan. It's just crumbled right before you *sigH* Mom is giving herself a holiday today. Miss her, miss watching that flag raising ceremony in TV. Indonesia doesn't have that grand National Day Parade like Singapore. We have the normal flag raising ceremony. The one being held in the Presidential Palace (Istana Presiden) is being broadcasted live on TV. If you've been staying in Indonesia for a long time, you will most probably get bored with it, but I kinda really miss it now. I really miss seeing Indonesian flags. I miss seeing all those flags in houses. I miss putting the flag in the pole in our house. I'm just homesick, I suppose.

60 years, imagine that. Soon we really don't have people from that time to really tell the story of what had happened on August 17, 1945. Imagine when our country turn 100. I may actually live that long to see that. Look at that, me being optimistic, thinking that I will still be alive at that time, thinking that Indonesia will still stay together and not disintegrate, thinking that Armageddon will not happen by that time We'll see, we'll see.

Anywho, today has been quite a test of patience, in which I think I kinda failed. I'm a bitch, I am. On other news, or maybe not really a news at all, is about how Singapore's President is still the president because there was not other candidate approved to challenge his position. Well, some of the Singaporeans out there who care enough to voice their opinion was saying how sad it is that as usual they don't get to vote. Hmm...How about this, how about actually having a voting to determine whether Singaporeans still really do want their president to serve for the 2nd term. It may not change anything, but in a way the people do have a feeling that they actually have a say in something. I suppose not much Singaporeans out there care though, they most probably think it's just such a hassle Okay, don't mind me. I may not know what I'm talking about. This is not my country anyway. I really do wonder how the Singapore Government really can go away with lotsa things, how their people never really question the Government that much. I suppose having that safe and secure country and economy really can make your people shut up. That also happened in Indonesia before. For my country, Merdeka!

:) eKa @ 8:29:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.