Wimbledon + War of the Worlds

Saturday night, the tv is showing the Wimbledon Women Singles final. Being the cheesy me, I decided to watch Wimbledon (the movie). Got this from Vivy. Yes, the guy is handsome, but what can I say. The movie doesn't even make me think that tennis is cool. Nothing interesting about the movie. But I guess sometime actors take this kinda movie for the easy money, not much complicated acting needed, the money was most probably decent, and the chance to work in England for some time is I guess quite nice.

War of the Worlds. Wanted to watch this movie because it was directed by Steven Spielberg, but the movie kinda left me wondering what the movie is all about. This is the summary of the movie according to the not-so-amused me: Aliens came to Earth to destroy the planet (for unknown reason, I guess simply to destroy and show that not-so-bad special effects), our hero amazingly escaped all the creepy and scary things (I think simply because he is the hero of the movie), and all ended well, and this was even more (amazingly) not interesting, some substance on this Earth seemed to somewhat poisoned the aliens that they just died after some hours attacking the Earth. Nobody in relationships with the hero died, which was even more amazing, seemed so unlikely in a Hollywood movie. It's not a bad movie actually, but I kinda was expecting more. Dakota Fanning was great, as usual. She's more childish in this role, more so than her characters in I am Sam and Uptown Girls. Tom Cruise was...well, just as he normally would act, I suppose.

:) eKa @ 5:31:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.