CRASH

First of all, can I just say, don't you hate this. You know how when you are on time for a movie and the cinema is showing 15-20 minutes of advertisements. I can take trailers but advertisements are just annoying. Then when you need that 1 break, because you are running a bit late, you just need that 10 minutes break, the cinema decided to show the movie on time. Man! I hate that, hate that! Maybe, it's just Eng Wah cinemas in Singapore who are on time, I guess I've been more late in their cinemas than any others.

Anyway, the reason for writing was just to tell all of you that I went to watch CRASH yesterday, and yes I was a bit late. What is CRASH? Many of you would ask. Understandable, not much trailers were being shown for this movie, and when they were, they were being shown only in Channel News Asia. Anyway, CRASH revolved around several characters living in LA (I think) and how these people crossed each other paths in one way or another. Cars took quite a center stage in the story. The movie raised issues on race, stereotypes, prejudices, tolerance, friends, family, everything from everyday life with its simple problems to more complicated issues, like: politics, illegal immigrants, corruption, and all. I wonder if the person who wrote the story is African-American because there were some interesting things being raised about what it's all about being black people in America. I feel the movie didn't try to convey any particular message, it didn't try to preach anything. It just tried to show these people and their lives, which I think are really they way some people in America really live. In a way, I feel it can open our eyes and heart that if we just see how similar we are despite of our very different backgrounds, we can see that we want the same thing in life, we want everything to be okay, for us, for our family. We're pretty much the same and we should come to get to know people from different background without being plagued by any stereotypes about them. I like the movie, it was interesting. I like how they told the stories, how they linked a character to another. The story was not just about any particular person, all of them had something to tell. So, with me being late, I was missing quite a piece in the story, I can only guess what happened. I think it's of importance to be there throughout the whole movie and pay attention, to really understand the whole thing. There were some moments that made me so relieved that it happened they way it happened. But I suppose the movie was not one that wanted to give happy ending, it was about making it real, and so there were very sad moments. There were no characters that I like the most, well maybe the locksmith, because I think he was the only really really good guy and thank God, good things happened to him. In the movie, a total jerk had a chance to be quite a hero, and a righteous guy ended up quite in a mess, so it's pretty interesting, isn't it? Quite sad also actually. Anyway, it's quite an interesting change to watch this type of movie, after being exposed to so many box-office type movies.

Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other

The latest Harry Potter book is out!!! I haven't seen it though. I think it's going to break my heart anyway, seeing it and not being able to get it. Can someone get me this book, PLEASE!!! Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Please...please...please someone. Please someone get me the American version of this book, please. I wonder if God would actually grant this one for me We'll see.

:) eKa @ 10:10:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.