Fond - de - l'Etang

Gonna write this in points, because it is easier to keep track on things that I want to write.

1. Les Choristes. The title of the post means Bottom of the Pond. It's the name of the school in Les Choristes (for those who don't know or need to be reminded [again!], Les Choristes is a french movie). So the story is centered around this school for boys who are deemed as naughty, bad, and simply put the trouble makers, whose parents just couldn't take it anymore. There were also some orphans boys there. As usual, these boys felt like they were the outcast, like they were good for nothing and most of the people they knew also somewhat shared the sentiments. Came along this music teacher who I wasn't sure why ended up in this school (the story didn't really dwell on why he was there). It just felt like this teacher whose dreams was to write beautiful music finally had a reality check and ended up taking this job. On his first minutes in the school, he saw how the school keeper got badly hurt because of one of the students' pranks. He met the strict principal whose favourite phrase is one of Newton's Law: Action-Reaction. I personally like kind and nice teachers but I also understand that sometime you can not be that kind to students, especially these groups of boys. The movie kinda depicted how kindness from the music teacher won the respect of the students more than the strictness of the principal. I don't like the principal, my goodness, such a kiss-ass person. Back to the story, the music teacher then formed a choir out of these boys. The music teacher actually kinda reminded me of the movie Mr.Holland's Opus. Halfway in the movie, I was thinking if this just going to be the French version or adaptation of Mr.Holland's Opus. Glad to say that the music teacher's initial dream was the only similarity to Mr.Holland. In the end the kids managed to sing so heavenly that really as Cheryl said, the movie is heartwarming. The kid who played Pierre, the soloist, by the way, could really sing. Couldn't help smiling remembering that once osH said it's kinda freaky to think that boys can sing such high notes like a soprano (he might forget he made this remark when were talking about Vienna Boys Choir). That kid is kinda adorable, angelic face. But the cutest is Pepinot, I love him, glad that it ended up happy for him. The movie itself didn't really end as happy as movie can make it happen. I so wish I could speak French so that I could really understand all without having to read subtitles. I wish I could understand the lyrics of the song. One song that just jumped to me is Cerf-volant or the kite. Should I buy the soundtrack CD? Anybody wants to buy it for me? Fond-de-l'Etang, bottom of the pond, yeah I also feel that, a lot of time actually.

2. The girls' present finally arrived, I'm relieved. It's kinda upsetting though, that they always cite busy schedule as reason for not being able to meet up and just hang out. Anyway, sent Dagi's present last Saturday. Will take a while to reach her. I got her The Alchemist. I so like this book, bought it 4 times, and gave it to 3 people. Might still buy it again for other people Went for my usual reading times in Borders and Kinokuniya last Saturday. I'm so stingy, so many books that I want to read but I just couldn't make myself buy it. If anyone interested in getting me anything, can you please get me Paulo Coelho's books, anything except The Alchemist because I have that. I so want to have his Warrior of the Light. I also want the latest Potter book, which is coming in June. Was so lucky to get the last one for free from Dagi (she is so sweet), so please anyone...be as sweet as she is and get me that book when it is out

3. Chelsea won English Premier League *sucks* I wonder why I even bother to write this.

4. They say you can know a lot about a person from his friends. So true, had much online reading last Friday (so much boredom) and I kinda see certain things. Anyway, the friends that I would really advice you to seek if you want to know about me are my 3 best buddies (unfortunately they are in Jakarta). They are super nice people, kind, and funny, like me! Not much girls can be as good friends to me as them. I'm beginning to seriously feel it is easier to be friends with guys, and the nice thing with guys are, as much as they can also be difficult, they can be quite protective of you sometime. Still, my best-est friends are girls. I miss those girls.

5. Being a bitch, it turns out, takes practice

6. Had a nice dinner with nice people this week, so thankful to God for that. I'm okay people, I really am

7. Have so many chocolate in my drawer and yet I found myself buying more. Insane + Stupid.

8. Was asked to make up my mind, am I okay or am I sad? Sigh, the person should know that girls are fickle. Shouldn't be surprise if we say that we are okay and the next minute we said we are not, and no! we are just like that not only because of PMS. Anyway, was also asked too why girls like flowers. I don't know, can not speak for the rest of the species, because I know some girls who also think buying flowers are a waste of money since they do not last. Some girls prefer other things, diamonds and all I just like flowers, what can I say? They are just beautiful. God's creation are just beautiful and interesting, I suppose. Waiting for the time, when someone would actually get me a pot of Mimosa pudica. Don't know the name of this plant in english. I browsed for this plant once and they are actually sold online, in pot. I don't know if they are also being sold in pot in Singapore. Imagine that! It will be so much fun if I can have my own pot of Mimosa pudica. As much as I am a freak, I still find it embarrassing to just stop and kneel by the side of the road to touch these cuties.

9. I miss being at home.

kite dancing in the wind, please don't stop
flying to sea, flying to sky
a boy is looking at you
in the storm, you uplift your wings
don't forget to return to me

:) eKa @ 8:02:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.