The Freak

Went to watch The Aviator on Monday. It was...Long So it wasn't good? Well, there were some people leaving half way. I'm not saying that it is bad. It's just pretty long with so much information and things going on in there. Leonardo DiCaprio was really good in this movie, very intense, I think pretty deserving of the globe (well I haven't seen how good the other nominees were). I just found him to be so different in this movie, he doesn't even look handsome. Cate Blanchett is another good performer in this movie. I like the way she played her character, though I find it quite hard to believe that people actually speak like her character, but I guess they do. I can't really say I like or dislike the movie. It reminds of A Beautiful Mind which is about another accomplished freak, John Nash (played by Russell Crowe). The difference is, I actually don't mind watching A Beautiful Mind again and again but I don't think I'm gonna watch The Aviator any time soon. I don't think this movie is that watchable.

Anyways, the movie is about Howard Hughes, who is an aviator by heart. He's a freak, well perhaps it is rude to say that, but it's just he has some mental problem. So here I am wondering why is it that usually the freaks are the revolutionary ones. Howard Hughes is by the way the man behind the Hercules plane. John Nash in A Beautiful Mind also had mental problem. I'm sure there are many other amazing people who change the world, who also mentally different than the rest of the people surrounding them. It is perhaps because they can see things differently, because of their perceptions towards everything is different than common people that they can come up with such amazing ideas and inventions. However, would you like to be a freak just to accomplish these kind of thing. It is hard for me to say yes, but I kinda want to. I feel it is totally great, awesome, and cool if you can come up with something that can change the world, something that can contribute to the life of human being. Man! That would be so awesome!!!

However, here I am in my reality. Some minutes ago, I totally felt like crying. I'm tired. Then a few minutes ago, this girl was saying something to me that made me feel good about myself again. I wish it is enough to know yourself that you are good, but a lot of the time the saddest and most annoying thing is what matter to us is whether or not other people think the same way too. Why the hell am I waiting for approval? When are they ever gonna act for my benefit? I wish...I wish only what I think of me matters.

:) eKa @ 2:38:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.