Indonesia Presidential Election, Round 2

So it comes to this, down to the wire, 2 more left, who will come out as the real Indonesian Idol? Okay that most probably comes out more cheesy than funny Today is Round 2 of Indonesia's first presidential election. Indonesia is having a public holiday and a history in the making and I am not taking part in both I am not voting but I do want to see Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono win. Why? Well, I don't read the newspapers enough and I don't live in Indonesia to know what Indonesia really feels like to know what it really needs, but I just think we have enough of Ms. Megawati Sukarnoputri. Maybe I am bias, maybe when the newspaper said that she wasn't intelligent enough, I took it as a fact, but I just feel that SBY will do a better job. The silly thing is, I'm basing this on how they look. I'm a girl, so I'm all for girl power and such and I believe girls can do most of the things that guys can do (I wrote most because, come on! be realistic. There are just some things that only guys can do, just like there are some things that only girls can do). However in this case, I think SBY will be a better choice to lead a country like Indonesia, because he appears stronger We'll just have to wait and see how the result will be. I honestly can not really see bright future for Indonesia if Megawati is elected again. However, everything is in God's plan, right? God knows what's best. It's so exciting to see the result but I don't know if Indonesians who are voting are just as excited to cast their votes. They most probably think that Indonesian Idol is much more exciting , and today is great not because they have the chance to practice democracy, but because they have a day off. I guess as Indonesians, we are used to having our hopes being lifted high just to be crushed again and again. It sucks but perhaps it makes Indonesians mentally stronger

Away from that topic now. On Saturday, I asked God for an answer to something which has been bothering me for a while. On Saturday night, I called home. My dad was the one who answered the phone and out of the blue he was advising me on this issue. To be honest, I was pretty upset with his advice. Partly perhaps because I think that was the way God was answering my question and I didn't like the answer. Well, I don't know if it's a sign or not, I'm still doing nothing about it. Maybe God will punish me for being stubborn. It's all pretty dilemmatic, really. There are so many sides to look at it and looking at the other sides makes feel unhappy and scared but logically that side was the right direction to go *sigH*

Another story: Mom told me that my brother lost his handphone (he always loses things) and guess what? It was returned!!! It was so weird, I don't understand how it could happen. It's odd because he once lost his wallet (I think I've told you this) and it was returned, and now the lost handphone was also returned. Knowing how Indonesia is, it really increases the weirdness of this. My only explanation is that God really takes care of him and this is even weirder than what's happening because I don't think that my brother is "good" enough to receive such protection Maybe he actually is or (this is more reasonable) God is kinder than how we think He is.

:) eKa @ 9:06:00 AM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.