Burning Weekend

It's a burning weekend because I'm just burnt out. I'm so tired and so lazy to do anything. It has not been a refreshing weekend and I think it would make a bad week ahead. However, they say it's all in the mind. So maybe I shouldn't think that way. It is also a burning weekend because I have been burning my disks out. I managed to clear out around 400 MB each in my C and D drive. It feels good but I don't know how long I could make it last. I have a strange feeling that my computer's memory is slipping away. I really hope it will survive. Well things bound to go away someday. This brings me to the topic of my mom. I miss my mom so much She is not back yet. I miss her sms and most importantly miss her being around. I miss the comfort of knowing that she's there, somewhere there for me I know that her dad needs her more than me but I just miss her. Talked to my dad this week asking him how my grandpa was. He said that he's slipping away, his family had moved him to his small house in the village. Some things are just inevitable but I hope everybody will be alright.

Managed to watch Fahrenheit 9/11 this week. A very convincing movie. I know it's only one side of the story but I think it takes a whole lot of rebuttal from Bush's side to redeem himself. Maybe I should read the book that Moore's wrote and the book that rebuts him. It was eye-opening and I was surprised that all the seats were taken. I had tears in my eyes in some part of the movie because there were just some sad moments. There were funny moments too, but they were satirical *sigh*

On the happy side: Indonesia won gold in badminton from Taufik Hidayat in the Olympic. He was so emotional It was a sweet winning because his gold-medal point came from his sharp smash. It was so cool Sony Dwi Kuncoro sadly didn't reach the final. I didn't watch his semi final match so I didn't really know why he lost. It's sad that he lost, an all Indonesian Final would have been great. I did watch his match against the handsome Thai Boonsak Ponsana for bronze. A great match. I was slightly worried in the second set. It was so dramatic when Kuncoro managed to win that set 17-16. A really good match. I think the Thai, Ponsana, was a really persistent player and it's a key thing in sport. You must stay cool and no matter what always have hope that things could actually go your way. Being cute and all, I wasn't sad that he beat Ronald Susilo. At that time I just think Ronald played poorly. Very sad and disappointing. A lot of points that Ponsana got didn't come from himself but from Ronald's mistake, like when the shuttle went out of the court or stuck in the net. Well, there's always 4 years from now. What amazes me a bit about Singapore is that how kind the media have been towards their athletes. They're pretty protective. I think the Indonesian media wouldn't be so nice if they were to face failure like the ones that Susilo and Li Jia Wei had. I don't know...I just think that the Singapore media is just a bit too nice.

So...So far that I know of, Indonesia have 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronzes. The silver came from a female weightlifter. Our first medal in this 2004 Athens Olympic. The other bronze came from the men double badminton. It's a not bad result, but I guess it could have been better, especially in badminton. Still, I guess we are happy and proud as Indonesian

:) eKa @ 10:48:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.