All the Pieces are Starting to Fall into Place

I was writing this because I was feeling so bored on Friday (14/05/04 - Morning) I just didn't know when I would have the chance to post it. My guess is: it would be on Saturday. By Saturday (15/05/04), hopefully my computer will be running nice and smooth. I had so much problem with my computer last week. Here's the chronology: Saturday (8/05/04) I accidentally took out my computer out from the NUS domain (nusstu), damn! I just found out that there's no undo once you did that So I restarted my computer and guess what? I didn't know what the administrator's password was. I tried all the passwords known to me but to no avail, I couldn't get in my own freaking computer. The thing is, I couldn't even recall that I had set a password for the administrator 2 years ago when I reformatted my computer. So, I tried to ask JTG (of course) but his handphone was in silent mode and he didn't notice my cry for help. Then, I asked Teddy and he gave me some links about programs that can help to reset the password or crack it or something like that. Luckily my brain managed to work a bit despite all the panic. I decided to go to Vivy. I needed the internet connection. So there, we were looking at the links and was about to burn it to a re-writeable CD when we found out that Vivy had no more CD R/W. We tried to ask from Donikon and we got Niko replying our message, and this turned to be a blessing in disguise. I told Niko what the problem was and perhaps he had dealt with this kind of situation before, he knew what to do. So he tried his own link, burnt the program for me, inserted it in my computer, reset my password and *wooHooo* we're all cool, baby. Blessed Niko ! I found him to be easier to talk to now.

I was just happy that I can get in my computer again So I tried to get online and it's just my karma, hiks Only a few seconds in the Net and I got infected with sasser damn! I managed to get it fixed on Monday. So I tried connecting to the Internet again. The thing is I can get connected, my ICQ was working and initially my msn was working too but I couldn't surf the Net, as in I could not open any website. I tried and tried and tried and tried, I even printed the manual but I just couldn't browse anything. I thought something was wrong with my computer because of what happened on Saturday (Note: all of my Microsoft office programs are not working and my hotbar is gone and I couldn't do the cmd command) I asked Teddy but he ran out of possible solutions. His last solution was for me to call the call centre. I sure hoped that they could help. I started to think that I should reformat my computer again (Hiks...I could not imagine that I should move house again within 2 weeks, although this time virtually). So I called the call centre and damn it! They charge for the call and I couldn't get through and when I actually got through I was a bit unaware of it but thank God, I snapped out of my mid-evening dream before they managed to hang up on me. It turned out I've been using the wrong proxy address. How the heck should I know that there's actually another proxy address and singnet is different from mySingtel, I wonder if they both have 2 different dial up services. But let it be...I'm online now, finally!!! *pHew* that's the most important thing. Then on Thursday Teddy gave me a solution for my inability to do cmd prompt. It's all cool now, thank God

So my last problem is my Microsoft office tools. It seems like they kinda lost their path or perhaps root, they can not start and I can not use them. I'd be going to NUS again on Saturday(15/05/04), to Vivy's, to reinstall Microsoft office. I was so happy being back in NUS last Saturday. I miss it so much, it was home, though I have to admit that I'm starting to lose the feel of it, like I have to dig in my brain to remember which internal bus to take and their routes. I had lunch in Arts Canteen, those who know me know that I always eat the same thing from arts canteen. There was a time back then (I think in my 1st year) that me and several friends would always go to Arts Canteen every Saturday for lunch, I think we would always go there at 1, because some actually still had class on Saturday I would always eat chicken teriyaki from the Japanese stall (my favourite food in NUS) and drink watermelon milkshake Last Saturday, I knew that I would eat chicken teriyaki but I kinda forgot about the milkshake, but when I saw the juice auntie, it just hit me and now it hit me again how in Science canteen, I would always choose carrot milkshake. Gosh! I miss all of that. So happy that I'll be coming back again this Saturday. Even better if I could see him *sigH*

The thing about NUS is, everything about it is slowly-slowly fading away. Like all the links I have are disappearing. For example: the recent drama in my life, my computer is out of NUS domain (well...actually, logically it should be out from that domain since I'm not in NUS anymore), and all other friends who are still there now are having their graduation ceremony soon, like Vivy, Niko, and Donikon. No more people to visit, no more reason to come back. Maybe this is finally good bye, hiks Should I like really forget everything about it "That one" I should really let go. It feels like back then when I was 18 when I first came here, everything was so new, no friends. There were cousins; at that time they were the only 2 people I knew in this country. Now, no friends(?), no cousins(?), but at least this place is not that new to me anymore. So help me God.

Addition: Friday (14/05/04 - Night)
Glad to see Rupert won the 1 million dollar from the viewers I did vote for him in cbs.com, he deserves it Survivor All-Stars is the first survivor season that I managed to watch from the beginning to the end. Glad I could watch it all. Actually I was pretty sad back then to see some of my favourite players were being voted off. I particularly don't like Boston Rob, they should have voted him off long long time ago. In the end I sympathized the guy a bit, because he proposed to Amber. So it was kinda sweet, still I don't really like it that they came out as number 1 and 2, oh well...it's all over.
Then American Idol, La Toya was voted off. Well...I don't feel particularly sad even though I really think that she's a very good singer. I just had a feeling that she would be in the bottom 2. I just thought that she'd be there with Jasmine, I didn't expect that she'd be there with Fantasia. But Jasmine herself is quite different. I just have this strange feeling about her, like she can actually make surprises. Maybe this was the surprise my senses are hinting me, but who knows. As good as Fantasia is, she just has a very particular style which may suit only a group of people. Jasmine is more "normal", well people may call her as lacking in personality but she's just okay, I guess and sometime being okay is the best I'm talking non-sense here Anyway, Jasmine reminds me a lot of Lea Salonga, the same type of voice and style in singing.

Addition: Saturday (15/05/04 - Night)
Managed to went to NUS again today, ate lunch with Vivy in Arts. A really nice guy waved at me He really is a nice guy, otherwise he wouldn't take the trouble to wave at me Then saw another guy on my way to Kent Ridge Hall. Wow...That was unexpected, but I'm pretty thrill that it happened...Wish it had been him though I am asking for too much On my way back, met Copp3r on the bus but didn't talk to him much because I was alighting at the next bus stop. He was looking rather "gembel" I told him straight up, I think he can take the joke
Talked to mom just now, she kinda hung up on me because my cousin was there, I don't really know for what. Still, I did manage to have a nice conversation with mom Indonesia lost from Denmark in the Thomas Cup semi...That was sad By the way, the new layout from blogger.com is mighty fine

:) eKa @ 10:41:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.