Inul

wah, never in my craziest thought have I ever thought that I would write about Inul. Inul, What is Inul? Who is Inul? Well if you're Indonesian you will definitely know who Inul is. She's a famous dangdut singer who created quite a controversy sometime ago. So why I am writing about her now? Well, it's just this morning, I couldn't help grinning when there's actually news about her in Channel News Asia Straight away I sent an sms to my mom, the message was something like this "Gila!!! Inul ada di berita sini" (= Crazy!!! Inul is making the news). It's crazy, I found it to be crazy. When I also saw that she's in the front page of the local Chinese news paper, I just thought that is nuts man! However this is perhaps something common for Inul. After all she was once featured in Time Magazine. Of all the Indonesian ever appeared in Time, Inul is one of them, that goes to show that she's a real something.

Honestly, I don't like dangdut. I'm sorry for all the dangdut fan out there or Inul fans I don't really follow the trend in dangdut music, however Inul is so huge that as Indonesian, you definitely will know about her. The first time I saw her shake her thing was in NUS, through a few-second clip of her performance, which seemed to have been passed from people to people. After that, I understood what the fuss was all about. Because before that, I just couldn't get the news about her which were appearing frequently in Kompas.com (the online version of a famous Indonesian newspaper). My first reaction watching her was I thought her movement was rather funny, however I could understand how certain Indonesian found it to be provocative. I think Inul herself is a nice person. She's soft-spoken, down-to-earth, and polite. I didn't expect her to be like that. I guess that is also why so many people like Inul. She's not trying to sell her asset to boost her fame, but she's doing her routine because that's how she feels when she sings and she's sincere in entertaining the audience. I found it amazing how someone's life can be that unique

:) eKa @ 8:40:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.