Guess What?

Guess what? What ?!? This is gonna be a long post Okay...okay, let's get started.

Guess what? What ?!? Yesterday night I was watching Boston Public and there was this story about an Indonesian girl who fell asleep in class. I don't why but lately there are some TV series that include something Indonesian in it, like Alias, The Agency, Lizzie McGuire, and last Sunday when I turned on the TV, there was JAG playing and there's this story about rebel in Aceh. I must say that the Indonesian that they try to portray in the TV series are not really the good image of Indonesia and not really Indonesian at all. But yesterday in Boston Public there was actually a guy who really speak fluent Indonesian and it turned out the girl who played the Indonesian girl is a real Indonesian, her name is Tania Gunadi. Surprise...surprise...I know this guy from my old hall, Kent Ridge Hall in NUS, whose last name is Gunadi so I was wondering if this girl is an Indonesian and she is and it seems that she's been doing several things in TV. Wow...maybe someday she'll make it big and be the first Indonesian actresses to get famous in Hollywood Anyway, her role in Boston Public was as a girl who fell asleep in class and so as usual the teacher got concern and tried to figure out what happened at home. It turned out this girl was an illegal immigrant which was forced to work for a guy to pay for her family's debt (her dad died in the boat) for their "immigration" fee. Note that in Winslow High, if they are telling a story about one of their students then it is guaranteed that the student gets into trouble, or something like that. If the TV series is a true depiction about some of the schools in America then I find it to be rather frightening and sad. But I guess every country has its own problems.

Guess what? What ?!? Good news! My computer can shut down properly now I am so happy. Before, it couldn't shut down completely. When I shut down, it would give me a blank screen with a cursor blinking. So I have to cut the power to make it shut down completely and it was so frustrating. It couldn't restart either. All the people who I consulted about this matter suggested that I should re-format my computer. Re-formatting a computer, my computer that is, is like moving house. I know it's not that tiring, but virtually it can be quite draining. I have to move out all my files (which is mostly mp3, there are lotsa of them) burn them onto cds, and it can take lotsa of cds, then after the re-formatting, I have to put them back and re-install all the things that I need (which is quite a lot and which means several time of re-starting). So it can be a real drag and that's why I didn't do that. I did an experiment with the power supply system of my computer and whatever it was that I did my computer can shut down completely now and I'm satisfied. I love my computer, it can be slow and heavy sometime but it is quite reliable and steady. It is a pretty strong computer actually

Guess what? What ?!? My mom came to the rescue There was something which kinda made me worried this last few weeks. I was actually at a point in which I was ready to shout for help. However before I did that, my mom came to rescue me and she saved me. Maybe I was really so worried that I unconsciously sent distress signals and my mom picked it up. It was amazing, she helped me before I even asked. So the thing is pretty cleared up now and I can breathe again, well at least for that part of my life, there are other things that I have to deal with and most of them sucks


:) eKa @ 7:45:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.