Hari Ibu

I actually forgot that today is Mother's Day (for Indonesian). I just realized about this when I was reading kompas.com. It's actually pretty weird that I can forgot about this, because on 22nd of December, it is also a day when my family make onde-onde. Well, we call it onde-onde, Javanese call it something else (so I was told once). It is a Chinese tradition, which unlike so many others, always fall on the same date: 22nd of December. In Chinese, I think it is called tang yuen. Well, I can't write it correctly just as I can't pronounce it correctly. I tried to buy some from the Dessert Stall this afternoon, but the Dessert auntie said she was not making any, and she told me to just buy the frozen ones in Fairprice. So I did that. I tried the ones with sesame paste filling. It was okay, but the soup that I made was crappy Dear God, How I miss my homemade ones. I actually like to help my mom shape the dough. The onde in my house is made from sweet potato and we don't like to add color to it. It's also quite small compared to Singaporean style because it doesn't have any filling. The soup is made from water + sugar + ginger + Javanese sugar (brown sugar or gula melaka as Singaporeans like to call it). This onde is just one of the food that I think, the best ones come from my house God! How I want to be at home right now. Okay, I better call home now.

:) eKa @ 8:52:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.