LeBaraN

If I had been at home today...well, my mom would most probably have asked me to climb up the ladder and take the curtains down. She's washing upstairs curtains today. See...my mom works a lot, so she doesn't really have much time to do major house cleaning and that's why our spring cleaning may start even 2 months before Chinese New Year. However, I do believe that she would be making ketupat today, with my brother spending the holiday at home. I don't really know how my mom learnt to make ketupat (make ketupat not as in weaving the leaves and all). I think it was my old neighbour who taught her how to make ketupat, though I'm not sure. Usually the evening before Idul Fitri (=Lebaran in Indonesia), some of my neighbours will be bringing tray containing their ketupat, their family dishes, some cake, or something like that. I am always so interested in receiving this, because different houses would have different family dishes to accompany their ketupat. For me personally, my favourite dish to accompany ketupat is my mom's. I can't describe what it is exactly, but I think it's her own improvisation and interpretation of what is the most suitable dish to accompany ketupat :P I'm hungry :'(

:) eKa @ 10:23:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.